2019 NCAA in Hartford | The Boneyard

2019 NCAA in Hartford

Reaction Score
$300 for to be assigned seats in the lower bowl end zone. Lower bowl sideline tix evidently reserved for the participating schools. Buy now or wait for the secondary market?

Reaction Score
This is a bad idea for Hartford in my opinion. The Wichita st and Nova games are perfect examples of why it’s a bad idea....
-bathrooms not working
-15 min bathroom lines for the ones that do work
-bathroom lines into the concourse causing massive traffic jams
-what else did I miss? Gotta renovate that place or rebuild it before we think about hosting these events

Reaction Score
Do it now, I'm headed to see the sweet sixteen up in Boston and believe me, I wish we bought tickets a long time ago. I also went to the 2nd round in DC and Charlotte in years past, buying in advance is definately the move.

Reaction Score
most of this year's 1st round sites have prices above $300 on the secondary market for lower bowl seats for the strip.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
This is a bad idea for Hartford in my opinion. The Wichita st and Nova games are perfect examples of why it’s a bad idea....
-bathrooms not working
-15 min bathroom lines for the ones that do work
-bathroom lines into the concourse causing massive traffic jams
-what else did I miss? Gotta renovate that place or rebuild it before we think about hosting these events
No beer during NCAA tournament games. Doesn’t eliminate the bathroom problem but definitely helps

Reaction Score
Do it now, I'm headed to see the sweet sixteen up in Boston and believe me, I wish we bought tickets a long time ago. I also went to the 2nd round in DC and Charlotte in years past, buying in advance is definately the move.

Buying in advance is not the move. You can always pay less than face value closer to the game unless there a regional darling (UConn at msg) against a bracket that has no upsets which will push ticket prices up.

Scalpers have had problems making money on the first 2 weekends of the tournament because they never sell out and there more supply than demand

Reaction Score
I wish it were this year in Hartford. Next year with Adams and a healthy Gilbert we will be forced outside our geographic area.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I wish it were this year in Hartford. Next year with Adams and a healthy Gilbert we will be forced outside our geographic area.
Because we are winning the AAC this year?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Because we are winning the AAC this year?
I detect just a hint of disbelief in that post.

Reaction Score
Buying in advance is not the move. You can always pay less than face value closer to the game unless there a regional darling (UConn at msg) against a bracket that has no upsets which will push ticket prices up.

Scalpers have had problems making money on the first 2 weekends of the tournament because they never sell out and there more supply than demand
I dont know... The game that I went to in Greensboro (I got it mixed up with Charlotte) we bought in advance for about $49, weeks leading up to the game tix in our section were going for over $90

Reaction Score
Hot 93.7, tell 'em why you mad

I’m not mad. Just makes me laugh when people spend a more than significant amount of time on here bitching and moaning about the way money has corrupted the NCAA while willing to drop $300 on tickets to see 6 games with teams you don’t care about.

Reminds me of the guys calling into the FAN on the way home from a Yankee game complaining about the prices.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
$300 for NCAA tickets?!?!? Sorry but that is absurd. Anyone who is paying that has no right whatsoever to complain about how corrupt the NCAA is. You’re part of the problem.
You wouldn't have paid $300 for the UConn/Iowa St/Florida/Mich St matchups in 2014?
I paid almost $500 and worth every penny
I understand that isn't your every tourney site line up but $300 isn't highway robbery
What did you pay for the OBE tourney package in the later years? it was very close to $400 - yeah 4 days but the first day was garbage unless your team was playing

Reaction Score
You wouldn't have paid $300 for the UConn/Iowa St/Florida/Mich St matchups in 2014?
I paid almost $500 and worth every penny
I understand that isn't your every tourney site line up but $300 isn't highway robbery
What did you pay for the OBE tourney package in the later years? it was very close to $400 - yeah 4 days but the first day was garbage unless your team was playing

Nope. I wouldn’t pay anything close to that but then again I hate the sport so there’s that.

The equivalent would be if I’d pay $300 for 6 college football games for teams I don’t care about. Hard pass.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The XL is a sh1thole but I'm glad Hartford got this event. Do we need to schedule less than 50% of our games their to be eligible to play their in the tourney?

Reaction Score
The XL is a sh1thole but I'm glad Hartford got this event. Do we need to schedule less than 50% of our games their to be eligible to play their in the tourney?
I think its based on miles now

Reaction Score
$300 for NCAA tickets?!?!? Sorry but that is absurd. Anyone who is paying that has no right whatsoever to complain about how corrupt the NCAA is. You’re part of the problem.

Thus we see the problem with the base and why we are now mid-major

Reaction Score
Thus we see the problem with the base and why we are now mid-major

Sure thing. I’ve given close to 5 figures to the athletic department annually for about 10 years now. That doesn’t make me a big deal or a high donor but I’m not sure how me not forking over 3 hundy for NCAA tix that UConn is not involved in is any way an indictment on the fan base. Hell I can’t stand basketball but I was there at last year’s AAC tourney when we embarrassed ourselves as a fan base. Were you there?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Nope. I wouldn’t pay anything close to that but then again I hate the sport so there’s that.

The equivalent would be if I’d pay $300 for 6 college football games for teams I don’t care about. Hard pass.

OK, that's fine. To each their own

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom