2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament Oklahoma City Regional Game 1: #2 UConn v. # 3 Nebraska (5/31/19 @1p ET@Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark > WatchESPN/ESPN3) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament Oklahoma City Regional Game 1: #2 UConn v. # 3 Nebraska (5/31/19 @1p ET@Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark > WatchESPN/ESPN3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just got home from work, bleh, where I tried to follow this game as best I could, with a few snippets of listening to the game on break and on the way home. I haven't yet had time to wade through this thread, will do that later. Seems to me this game was one continuous string of bad luck for UConn. First, UConn needed Feole to be at the top of his game, keep the game low scoring, and minimize use of the Husky bullpen. If Feole does this, UConn probably scores enough runs to win. But no, Feole is off, has to come out early and is just not effective. Because the game is close, Penders uses Dandeneau and Wurster, both for multiple innings. Having to use those two in a loss in this way makes you wonder how much they can pitch tomorrow, and that is not good news.

Next the hitting. Bad, bad luck. UConn did got plenty of hits, just not when they are in scoring position. Some of that is the same old UConn story for this season. However this time around, combine this with some great defensive plays from Nebraska on hard hit balls and line drive double plays period, yikes. Had to cost UConn a few runs there, so you have to credit the Husker defense for some of that, and it possibly makes the difference in this game. It had to be an aggravating day to watch or listen to this one.

Reaction Score
It borders on statistical impossibility to only get 5 runs on 19 hits. Baseball is not a game about trying harder. Sometimes stuff just happens.

That having been said, Feole was extremely disappointing. It’s hard to believe that this year wouldn’t cost him so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom