2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament Oklahoma City Regional Elimination Game: #1 Oklahoma State v. #2 UConn (6/2/19 @6p ET > WatchESPN/ESPN3) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament Oklahoma City Regional Elimination Game: #1 Oklahoma State v. #2 UConn (6/2/19 @6p ET > WatchESPN/ESPN3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tomorrow is going to be the ultimate staff day. Expect a little of everybody who is still able to lift their arm and throw. Have an odd feeling Jimmy Wang may start, purely a guess on my part. Going to need more pitchers from the depths of the staff to step up to pull this one off. But whatever happens, it has been great so far.

Reaction Score
Live to play another day. No idea who starts tomorrow, maybe Karl Johnson

I bet Wang starts, he's one of the few starters that Penders trusts who'd be available to start tomorrow. He'll be on a super tight leash though I would imagine.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
What a day. Dunlop with an incredible effort. Big bats game one. Team pitching effort game two with an all-American performance by Wallace to shut the door. Tomorrow is going to be fun!

Reaction Score
I bet Wang starts, he's one of the few starters that Penders trusts who'd be available to start tomorrow. He'll be on a super tight leash though I would imagine.

I don't think Penders necessarily trusts Jimmy Wang, but Penders doesn't show any indication of starting someone who did not start during the season. Like I said, I suspect it will be Wang to start the game and go for his customary inning or two. If Penders goes with a reliever, look for Johnson or Mayock, as they have not pitched yet. Others such as Dunlop, Simeone, and Haus have stepped up to the plate, it may be their turn (Johnson and Mayock) as well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't think Penders necessarily trusts Jimmy Wang, but he doesn't show any indication of starting a reliever. Like I said, I suspect it will be Wang to start the game and go for his customary inning or two. If Penders goes with a reliever, look for Johnson or Mayock, as they have not pitched yet.

Yeah, he doesn't necessarily trust him a lot, but Penders basically only pitches 8 guys on this staff in games against decent opponents: Feole, Kersten, Wang, Simeone, Dunlop, Wurster, Dandenau, and Wallace. I guess Johnson is probably next on the list.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Someone correct me if I’m wrong; I believe that by pushing the regional final to a second game, this is now the program’s second-deepest postseason run since 1980 (encompassing both the Baylock and Penders eras). Only the 2011 team made it further.

Wow.

Reaction Score
Yeah, he doesn't necessarily trust him a lot, but Penders basically only pitches 8 guys on this staff in games against decent opponents: Feole, Kersten, Wang, Simeone, Dunlop, Wurster, Dandenau, and Wallace. I guess Johnson is probably next on the list.

Don't sleep on Johnson. The guy has talent. If he has his control, he could be huge. There were times this season I thought he was about become a mainstay of the bullpen.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Meanwhile, does anyone know how OSUs pitching looks?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Meanwhile, does anyone know how OSUs pitching looks?
Their kid going deep today was huge. Oddly enough, in this situation we are hurt by being the home team today as they only had to pitch 8 innings

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
3 from Feole 3 from Wang-Johnson-Dandeneau-Wallace

It doesn't matter whether you've pitched today or not, except for Dunlop, and maybe not even him. All hands on deck tomorrow, because there's no tomorrow if we lose.

Reaction Score
If we win tomorrow, we'd have to probably play Texas Tech for the World Series bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom