2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament Oklahoma City Regional Elimination Game: #1 Oklahoma State v. #2 UConn (6/2/19 @6p ET > WatchESPN/ESPN3) | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament Oklahoma City Regional Elimination Game: #1 Oklahoma State v. #2 UConn (6/2/19 @6p ET > WatchESPN/ESPN3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
And Penders definitely does want to do that, or get that reputation. Tomorrow you will see plenty of one or two inning stints, unless Johnson or Mayock get a chance and get on a roll.

Might want to add a “not” to that. But yeah, he’ll do the right thing. OSU is stretched thin too. This format is tough on a college staff.

Reaction Score
Might want to add a “not” to that. But yeah, he’ll do the right thing. OSU is stretched thin too. This format is tough on a college staff.

Thanks, I write and edit too much, that much is for certain. Things eventually turn to mush with all the retouching.

Reaction Score
And Penders definitely does not want to do that, or get that reputation. Tomorrow you will see plenty of one or two inning stints, unless Johnson or Mayock get a chance and get on a roll.
Agreed. If we can get 1 guy stretched out to 3-4 innings I like our chances. Wang seems like the best bet, even if it's been shaky of late

Reaction Score
Toppa should be good tomorrow right?

(Edit -> Sounds more really questionable after listening to Penders in post game press conference below. He’s a hot senior. I’m guessing he’ll play if there’s any way he possibly can - even a cameo pinch hit if needed.)

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Maybe Toppa to DH if at all possible? Unfortunately you lose Phillips(unless he goes to 3rd).

Reaction Score
Haus pitched 2 innings Saturday and one Sunday. That would be a strange starter but who knows.

They’ve got to get 3 or 4 innings from erstwhile starters — Wang, Haus or simeone. The bullpen other than the big 3 then has to get you through 6. I’d guess wurster is out but if we’re up 1 or 2 after 6, I would expect CJ and Wally would find a way to combine for 3. Wally threw a bunch of pitches tonight but it was his first appearance in 8 days

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Goes without saying but that's a massive loss if he can't go tomorrow. But yeah I can't imagine a senior not playing in a winner take all game due to dehydration.

Guess it depends on how hard he pushed it and if they can get him loose enough by tomorrow. But between fluids, food, ice baths, heat and work by the trainers they can accomplish a little tonight and a little in the am. Who knows.

Reaction Score
Haus pitched 2 innings Saturday and one Sunday. That would be a strange starter but who knows.

They’ve got to get 3 or 4 innings from esrstehile starters — Wang, Haus or simeone. The bullpen other than the big 3 then has to get you through 6. I’d guess wurster is out but if we’re up 1 or. 2 after 6, I would expect CJ and Wally would find a way to combine for 3. Wally three pitches tonight but it was his first appearance in 8 days

I wonder how much of that is gamesmanship from Penders to try and throw OSU off. He also said in the post game that Kersten might be available tomorrow which would be crazy given he’s thrown 98 pitches the last 2 days.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
This is a must listen, lots of good stuff. Penders says he has to check with him, but Haus could be the starter tomorrow. Also, Toppa may be a no go tomorrow.
Yep, and they sound quietly confident.

(Still doomed.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member