OT: - 2019 NBA Playoffs | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: 2019 NBA Playoffs

Reaction Score
This Bucks-Celtics series is going to be interesting going forward.

I remember last year when someone last year suggested that Bledsoe was better than Irving? Lol.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I can’t feel bad for any team when no one talked about game 7 of the 2010 finals like this.

That game made the 02 game 6 lakers/kings look totally fine.

The two minute report would’ve looked like war and peace for that one.

Reaction Score
This Bucks-Celtics series is going to be interesting going forward.

I remember last year when someone last year suggested that Bledsoe was better than Irving? Lol.
Agree, I missed the game last night, but I'm REALLY surprised that the Sixers were able to beat the Raptors in Toronto. Game 1 looked like it'd be Toronto in 5 or 6 tops. That still might hold but these teams are all very good right now and adjustments, hot hands, clutch performances are as likely as anything to determine game-to-game wins. I'm more convinced there's almost no way the Celtics win game 2 than ever.
Despite:
Irving > Bledsoe
JBrown > SBrown
Tatum = Middleton
Morris < Giannis
Horford > Lopez
Hayward > Mirotic
Rozier = Hill

C's Bench = Bucks Bench (despite game 1, going forward whoever is at home should get better bench performers, Bucks have better 3pt shooting & general scoring, C's have better defending)
That's a 4-1-2 advantage to Celtics.
IF Brogdon comes back healthy he tips the scales back towards Bucks.

the Q

Reaction Score
The message is ShThFUp and play basketball. Not sure if it'll transcend the hardwood to message boards, but one can only hope ;)

Does that mean we should all meetup for some by pickup?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It is entertainment and carries are entertaining as a 3 step euro steps no one wants to watch 50s nonathletic hoop.

I do. It was a more interesting and tactical game pre-Jordan. I think people are drawn to the UConn women for the same reason. And I don't know anyone who doesn't love to watch the Ivy teams running the old Princeton offense and beating more athletically capable opponents.

I understand that this version is more popular and isn't going away. People love the athleticism, and it is impressive. But it does eliminate a whole lot of the team aspect of the game.

That being said, playoff NBA is better than the regular season, and the reason is that during the regular season the offense gets away with everything. In the playoffs the defense also gets away with everything, which evens things up a bit.

the Q

Reaction Score
I do. It was a more interesting and tactical game pre-Jordan. I think people are drawn to the UConn women for the same reason. And I don't know anyone who doesn't love to watch the Ivy teams running the old Princeton offense and beating more athletically capable opponents.

I understand that this version is more popular and isn't going away. People love the athleticism, and it is impressive. But it does eliminate a whole lot of the team aspect of the game.

That being said, playoff NBA is better than the regular season, and the reason is that during the regular season the offense gets away with everything. In the playoffs the defense also gets away with everything, which evens things up a bit.

And apparently it’s crazy to want neither to get away with much of anything

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Agree, I missed the game last night, but I'm REALLY surprised that the Sixers were able to beat the Raptors in Toronto. Game 1 looked like it'd be Toronto in 5 or 6 tops. That still might hold but these teams are all very good right now and adjustments, hot hands, clutch performances are as likely as anything to determine game-to-game wins. I'm more convinced there's almost no way the Celtics win game 2 than ever.
Despite:
Irving > Bledsoe
JBrown > SBrown
Tatum = Middleton
Morris < Giannis
Horford > Lopez
Hayward > Mirotic
Rozier = Hill

C's Bench = Bucks Bench (despite game 1, going forward whoever is at home should get better bench performers, Bucks have better 3pt shooting & general scoring, C's have better defending)
That's a 4-1-2 advantage to Celtics.
IF Brogdon comes back healthy he tips the scales back towards Bucks.

Tatum is better than Middleton, he actually plays defense.

When the Celtics play they way they are capable of playing, they are the better team. The real question is whether they can do that. They didn't do it often enough during the regular season or they'd be the #1 seed.

Reaction Score
Tatum is better than Middleton, he actually plays defense.

When the Celtics play they way they are capable of playing, they are the better team. The real question is whether they can do that. They didn't do it often enough during the regular season or they'd be the #1 seed.
In a vacuum I agree Tatum is better, but
A. Middleton kills the Celtics
B. Game one to Middleton
Middleton 5/12, 3/4-3pt, 3/3-FT, 10 boards, 6 assists, 0 steal, 0 blocks, 2 TO in 34 minutes
Tatum 2/7, 0/1-3pt, 0/0-FT, 6 boards, 1 assist, 1 steal, 3 blocks, 0 TO in 30 minutes
Middleton is just asked to do more for the Bucks than Tatum is on average for the Celtics. I'd guess Tatum outplays Middleton (not necessarily head-to-head but stat-wise) maybe 2 times in remaining games. But Middleton will put up more pts, assists & boards in more games and more overall.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't think analysis fully explains how awful the Bucks looked in Game 1. I assume they will play better in the next game, but the Celtics have to feel pretty good right now.

Reaction Score

NBA sending a message

I could actually see this going the other way. What better way to defuse the situation than to send Foster in, only to call the game opposite of the way he normally would. If Foster comes in and sticks it to Houston, it is only going to add more fuel to the fire.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Barkley is blasting Budenholzer at halftime. Some interesting observations, particularly that he thinks it is bad for Giannis to bring the ball up. I agree 100% with that take. The defense can basically set up in a zone, pointing at Giannis. Giannis would be more dangerous off the ball.

Reaction Score
Watching GSW v HOU, and the officiating is ridiculous. People getting hammered, nothing... touch foul, tweet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom