OT: - 2019 NBA Playoffs | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: 2019 NBA Playoffs

Reaction Score
This is why you gotta call the game tight.
81 calls?
I know you gotta let some things go, but this is a lot.
That is the whiniest whining I've ever heard of, auditing a game in which you took 44 3's and made only 7!? Ha!
Rockets took 22 FT in that game and Warriors 14. The fact that they've actually convinced fans that WE want more fouls called is really bizarre.

P.S. - Celtics took only 8 FTs yesterday to 24 by the home cookin' Bucks. We got JOBBED and still kicked their butts ;)

Reaction Score
I felt like he had to try Nene there, they had just given up offensive rebounds on two consecutive possessions. He just got caught on a switch and Curry hit a shot.
He didn't just get caught on a switch, that's the Rockets defense and the Warriors ran a play to get that switch the moment Nene checked into the game. Watch the video on that play, you can even see Durant standing near half court motioning for the entire Warriors team to clear out for Curry.
Although I guess it kind of worked because you give up fewer offensive rebounds when you allow mismatch's and easy shots!

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
That is the whiniest whining I've ever heard of, auditing a game in which you took 44 3's and made only 7!? Ha!
Rockets took 22 FT in that game and Warriors 14. The fact that they've actually convinced fans that WE want more fouls called is really bizarre.

P.S. - Celtics took only 8 FTs yesterday to 24 by the home cookin' Bucks. We got JOBBED and still kicked their butts ;)

Blow the whistle more, and correctly.

The players will eventually adjust

Reaction Score
Blow the whistle more, and correctly.
The players will eventually adjust
Yeah, everyone wants to see more fouls called.
Yet at the same time another constant refrain is too quick on the T's and physical play is NOTHING like it was in the good old days. McHale would be suspended for the playoffs for his clothesline if it happened in today's game.
I wonder if anyone has taken an in-depth look at how much whining is going on? Maybe someone with vast amount of experience & cred documenting how stats are changing sports?

‎Against the Rules with Michael Lewis: Ref, You Suck! on Apple Podcasts

the Q

Reaction Score
Yeah, everyone wants to see more fouls called.
Yet at the same time another constant refrain is too quick on the T's and physical play is NOTHING like it was in the good old days. McHale would be suspended for the playoffs for his clothesline if it happened in today's game.
I wonder if anyone has taken an in-depth look at how much whining is going on? Maybe someone with vast amount of experience & cred documenting how stats are changing sports?

‎Against the Rules with Michael Lewis: Ref, You Suck! on Apple Podcasts

I’m going to listen to that. Love Lewis.

But I will never understand you “basketball anarchists” for lack of a better term.

If it’s a violation, call it.

If you don’t want it to be a violation, change the rule (like the nba did to make 2 steps legal...again, the only place in the world where it is).

Otherwise you get all this nonsense with things being called inconsistently.

Frankly I’d like the leg kick by shooters to be an automatic offensive foul. No different than the off arm push off

Reaction Score

But I will never understand you “basketball anarchists” for lack of a better term.

If you don’t want it to be a violation, change the rule (like the nba did to make 2 steps legal...again, the only place in the world where it is).

Frankly I’d like the leg kick by shooters to be an automatic offensive foul. No different than the off arm push off
We agree on Lewis and the leg kick! I haven't listened to the podcast yet, just his interview on This American Life. A theme, as illustrated by replay officials watching halftime magic shows, is that we all can see way more via replay than the naked eye can possibly detect live. So despite the fact that the refereeing is getting measurably better for identifiable reasons, we are getting more irritated and the star players who are actually getting treated more fairly than every before are getting the most annoyed.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Just as long as my Celtics win the NBA Championship, nothing else matters.

Houston do protest too much.

Reaction Score
The basketball is still good enough for everyone especially announcers to stop bitching about the refs and talk about the games. Durant & Kyrie made some crazy shots yesterday and THAT's the biggest part of why their teams won - calls here and there happen, play thru it.
Coaching wise the Nene substitution was bizarre and might have cost Houston that game, it is still TBD for D'Antoni to prove himself on the biggest stage. GSW have the best player in Durant and a better coach, and Harden has always withered in the playoffs. I think it'll take 6 or 7, but I like GState.
Milwaukee I'm going to wait for the other shoe to drop, that was easily the best game the Celtics have played all year and they haven't been consistent all year. I don't know that to expect for game 2, 30% a blowout the other way, 50% close game, 20% Celtics do something similar to game 1 again. Giannias is still the best player in that series, but Kyrie is close and then the Celtics are much better 2-8 - provided they continue to play as a team.
I'm really not sure on how great a coach Kerr is.

It always cracks me up when people act like refs being loose with the rules is something new. It's been like this forever, basketball is the most subjective sport. In the 80's and 90's it would have been like field hockey if the refs were going by the books with foul calls. Some of you seem to want the game to go back to when they played with peach baskets. Stop crying about carries.

the Q

Reaction Score
I'm really not sure on how great a coach Kerr is.
It always cracks me up when people act like refs being loose with the rules is something new. It's been like this forever, basketball is the most subjective sport. In the 80's and 90's it would have been like field hockey if the refs were going by the books with foul calls. Some of you seem to want the game to go back to when they played with peach baskets. Stop crying about carries.

You mean expecting them to follow one of the simplest, basic and most fundamental rules of the game?

Jesus.

Anarchy

Reaction Score
You mean expecting them to follow one of the simplest, basic and most fundamental rules of the game?

Jesus.

Anarchy
Do you want the refs to call 500 carries a game? Cuz that’s what will happen then.

Reaction Score
They’ll adjust. Quickly.
I disagree. People dribble like this starting at a young age. It’s acceptable now. Blatant carries get called, but all the borderline ones don’t, which i’m completely okay with.

the Q

Reaction Score
I disagree. People dribble like this starting at a young age. It’s acceptable now. Blatant carries get called, but all the borderline ones don’t, which i’m completely okay with.

The fact that anyone thinks it’s ok is why it’s such a mess now

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
The fact that anyone thinks it’s ok is why it’s such a mess now

No this is just whiney. Let me guess you like college basketball better than the NBA. The NBA is bad but not because of carries, carries are fine as long as they aren't obvious and don't ruin the flow of the move. It's the same way NBA players can take 2.5 - 3 steps on a move to the lane it's about entertainment. If you want to be a purist go watch baseball, where the players have no fun because they don't want to disrespect the game.

the Q

Reaction Score
No this is just whiney. Let me guess you like college basketball better than the NBA. The NBA is bad but not because of carries, carries are fine as long as they aren't obvious and don't ruin the flow of the move. It's the same way NBA players can take 2.5 - 3 steps on a move to the lane it's about entertainment. If you want to be a purist go watch baseball, where the players have no fun because they don't want to disrespect the game.

I was just about to Bring up travels why letting up on Carries leads to that.

It’s sports entertainment.

Call it what it is

polycom

Reaction Score
I was just about to Bring up travels why letting up on Carries leads to that.

It’s sports entertainment.

Call it what it is

It is entertainment and carries are entertaining as a 3 step euro steps no one wants to watch 50s nonathletic hoop.

the Q

Reaction Score
It is entertainment and carries are entertaining as a 3 step euro steps no one wants to watch 50s nonathletic hoop.

Then change all the rules to reflect it.

Don’t pretend you’re a real sport.

That’s why you get the players heated like this

the Q

Reaction Score

I dislike the nba because of this comment.

It is their miserable existences’ fault that such a blatant violation goes unchecked and people think it’s normal.

Reaction Score
Q wants everyone dribbling like Stanley.
Watch "The Office - Basketball (Episode Highlight)" on YouTube

polycom

Reaction Score
Then change all the rules to reflect it.

Don’t pretend you’re a real sport.

That’s why you get the players heated like this

What? So because you Q don't like that the refs don't call some of the rules 100% of the time you think we should change it? It's gonna be a no from me dawg. Also, James Harden complaining is hilarious at best because Harden is the king of flopping and baiting the refs to call fouls, he's caused the refs to be this way.

polycom

Reaction Score
I dislike the nba because of this comment.

It is their miserable existences’ fault that such a blatant violation goes unchecked and people think it’s normal.

Why do you like college basketball better? One could argue it's officiated much much worse than the NBA.

the Q

Reaction Score
What? So because you Q don't like that the refs don't call some of the rules 100% of the time you think we should change it? It's gonna be a no from me dawg. Also, James Harden complaining is hilarious at best because Harden is the king of flopping and baiting the refs to call fouls, he's caused the refs to be this way.

No. Because it’s in their damn rule book.

This really isn’t that hard.

If you’re not gonna call it, take it out of the rule book.

This is pretty basic stuff here.

Reaction Score
Again, the nba was pretty good and fun at times this weekend. If a guy doesn't like the NBA is out and about bitching about the refereeing in a game he hates watching it I don't think we can persuade him to not watch it more.

the Q

Reaction Score
Why do you like college basketball better? One could argue it's officiated much much worse than the NBA.

You’re absolutely right.

Big part of that is the trickle down from the nba....like the massive carries that are not considered normal

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
they're not carries. they're 'SMITTY SHUFFLES,' dang it. get it right! (there'll be a quiz, williamy packer will be proctoring...)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom