2019 Naismith Finalists | The Boneyard

2019 Naismith Finalists

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
No Pheesa. I thought she was the most consistently excellent player in women's basketball. It's hard to understand what the committee was thinking.

Reaction Score
No Pheesa. I thought she was the most consistently excellent player in women's basketball. It's hard to understand what the committee was thinking.
I am betting that they are thinking of Sabrina...

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I would definitely replace Collier with Arike. And with that I think Jackie Young is more deserving ND player. She is their most important piece IMO.

Honeslty with that list I would be happy with any of them except Arike.

Im pulling for Gustafson

Reaction Score
Totally shocked that Pheesa is not on the list. I would take her before AO! Pheesa getting a twitter deal here. I sure hope they do not give it to AO

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Omitting Phee is ridiculous if you're going to have Arike on the list.

OK -- so Phee will have a little more of an edge now, as if the #2 seed wasn't already a little irritating for her (seemed that way in their interviews). So that will only fuel us more.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
“Thinking”? They weren’t thinking. Why Arike is even on this when she lost the ACC POY to Durr is beyond a joke. This committee just became more “bulletin board” material for the team! While I liked our chances anyway, I am going to place some bets on the Huskies to win it all and anxiously watch Geno’s post game presser when Pheesa wins the player of the Tournament...it will be great theatre! :D

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I love that Gabby is out there saying what most of us are thinking.

8FEE9E8C-DCAA-46B7-AED6-5A4396DA9FC6.png

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The two best all-around players in the country are Collier and Ionescu. But Collier's been overshadowed by Gabby, KLS to an extent, and now by a "down" UConn team. If UConn was undefeated she'd be on this list without question.

Reaction Score
The two best all-around players in the country are Collier and Ionescu. But Collier's been overshadowed by Gabby, KLS to an extent, and now by a "down" UConn team. If UConn was undefeated she'd be on this list without question.
Gabby???

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Most would put her on there over Ogunbowale, but she's still a long shot to win over Ionescu or Gustafson. Individual awards arent the end goal either...if anything she uses it as motivation.

Reaction Score
Gabby Williams. The best all-around player during the 16-17 season and pretty close to the same in the 17-18 season.
I DID know that. I was just confused on how Gabby was overshadowing Pheesa this year based upon the first sentence of your post: "The two best all-around players in the country are Collier and Ionescu."
But you don't need to reply because you are entitled to your opinion.
BTW I think Pheesa is the best all-around player in the country, with Megan Gustafson a close second.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I DID know that. I was just confused on how Gabby was overshadowing Pheesa this year based upon the first sentence of your post: "The two best all-around players in the country are Collier and Ionescu."
But you don't need to reply because you are entitled to your opinion.
BTW I think Pheesa is the best all-around player in the country, with Megan Gustafson a close second.

I meant Collier has been overshadowed in many ways since her sophomore season, not just this one.

Gustafson is tremendous at the things she's good at. I've been a fan for years. But Collier has a far more versatile offensive game, is a much better passer and defender, is pretty close to the rebounder considering the size difference, and even holds her own in the blocks department despite defending all over the court instead of just in the post.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom