2019 Conference Opener: UConn @ Houston (Fri. 3/22 @7:30p ET, Sat. 3/23 @ 7:30p ET & Sun. 3/24 @ 12:30p ET) | Page 13 | The Boneyard

2019 Conference Opener: UConn @ Houston (Fri. 3/22 @7:30p ET, Sat. 3/23 @ 7:30p ET & Sun. 3/24 @ 12:30p ET)

Reaction Score
I didn't get to listen to the game today so I appreciate you guys keeping me updated.

I think Woody, who continues to improve, has a chance to have a nice pro career. He has all the tools to stick around with a pro ball club. He's athletic with great speed. He has some pop, but can grind out ABs and get on base. To me, his versatility is what separates him, as a pro prospect, from everyone else on this team.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
I didn't get to listen to the game today so I appreciate you guys keeping me updated.

I think Woody, who continues to improve, has a chance to have a nice pro career. He has all the tools to stick around with a pro ball club. He's athletic with great speed. He has some pop, but can grind out ABs and get on base. To me, his versatility is what separates him, as a pro prospect, from everyone else on this team.

I hope he and Wurster are Yankees 6 years from now ;)

Reaction Score

I mentioned this in a previous post. As far as the MLB draft goes, Woodworth's versatility is especially important in these days of short benches on the major league level.

Reaction Score
Kinda surprised he was impressed after the number of mistakes we made in the first two games, but we could have beaten almost anyone today.

Kendall Rogers sees plenty of college games. He's used to seeing teams and players make mistakes. It's part of the college game. It's what else a team like UConn does to win these games that gets his attention.

Last edited:

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Kendall Rogers sees plenty of college games. He's used to seeing teams and players make mistakes. It's part of the college game. It what else a team like UConn does to win these games that gets his attention.

I am guessing his report will focus on our bullpen, which was fantastic once again.all weekend.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
As of 5pm this afternoon, still a bunch of snow on the field from the snowfall Saturday morning....
That stinks, did not realize you got that much snow on Saturday. The BC game could probably be moved up here if needed.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
I hope to get to the game on Wednesday in Storrs, if the field is playable. I haven't been to JOC field in a long time - could never make the 3 p.m. starts. Now that I took early retirement, I can go. Is parking available in the lot across from the field?? I haven't been by there due to the construction on that street. Thanks for your help!

Don't live in CT so I am not sure, but I will try to find out for you :)

Reaction Score
Very positive words for Jimmy Wang, makes more progress with each appearance. At this point, expect Wang to hang around as the Sunday starter.
I went to the the game in Charleston. I thought that, at least for that day, he was the best pitcher on both sides.

Reaction Score
Rodger’s follow-up story ($): UConn's Feole Looks Brilliant Against Houston (quite extensive - just a snap shot)

>>“We’ve been really cautious and smart about bringing him back [from the shoulder strain],” Penders continued. “And in between these starts, until now, we weren’t doing what he normally does. I mean, when he pitches during the week, he’s out there blasting away. He lets it rip between outings. He’s gotten over the hump the last week and a half and he’s now letting it rip, you’re seeing the result of that.”

It’s not hard to see why Feole relies on a specific approach when it comes to preparation. When he’s on the mound, he’s always locked in and works with a fast and deliberate tempo. Hitters constantly are out of sync against him, and part of that buildup is going all out in the week leading up to his next start. So, when he was working back from that injury and not going all out in his training, Penders summed up his situation pretty well with a car reference.

“It’s hard to command the fastball on Friday night if you’re not letting the Ferrari out of the garage during the week,” Penders said about Feole. “He’s a putting the gas pedal all the way down kind of guy, and if he’s going 50 percent on Wednesday, it’s not going to work out for him on Friday in most instances.”<<

>>As for Feole, he continues to be one of the more unique pitchers in college baseball. He works incredibly fast and has interesting arm action. And there are times when his command can be a little erratic. But on times like Friday night, where he’s, for the most part, hitting on all cylinders, he’s one of the best in the business.

He’s UConn’s Ferrari, and he’s finally out of the garage for good.<<[/QUOTE]

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom