2019 College Baseball Polls | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2019 College Baseball Polls

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Baseball America Top 25 Chat

Brett (Stillwater):
  • It may be too early on in the season for this question, but I am curious, is there is a team off everyone's radar right now that you could see really surprising some folks before the end of the year?

Teddy Cahill: Already referenced the podcast once, so I'll plug it again. I asked Joe to give us a team that we're not talking about now but should be and he mentioned Indiana State. The Sycamores are building a strong resume already and look like they should be able to contend for the Missouri Valley title. I also think Houston and UConn have slipped below the radar in the early going. They're going to make some noise later, whether that's contending with ECU for the American title or during the NCAA Tournament.

Reaction Score

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
From Teddy Cahill's chat at BA:

"UConn got off to a really nice start in the American with a series win at Houston. Mason Feole was very good on Friday and the Huskies continue to put together pretty solid performances overall. UConn was very nearly in the Top 25 after beating Louisville on Opening Weekend and then kind of floated a bit off the bubble after losing the next weekend at Charleston. I think they're back in contention now, but it's crowded among teams just off the rankings. I do think the Huskies break in eventually. They have another big weekend coming up at UCF."

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Well look @ this (... and it’s not a cruel April Fool’s joke):

NCAA/D1Baseball.com Top 25 Poll (4/1/19)
UConn checking in @ #22.
Louisville @ #10
ECU @ #11
Coastal Carolina @ #19

BaseballAmerica Top 25 Poll (4/1/19)
UConn @ #22
ECU @ #13
Louisville @ #17
Coastal Carolina @ #25

>>Connecticut made big waves over opening weekend when it won a series against Louisville in Lakeland, Fla.. Since then, the Huskies have had some ups and downs, but they’ve caught fire of late. With a 4-1 week that included a series win over UCF, they’ve gone 10-3 in their last 13 games. After splitting two close games to begin the weekend with the Knights, they left no doubt with a blowout win in the finale. Six different UConn hitters had at least two hits, led by a 3-for-5 day with a home run from shortstop Anthony Prado and a three-hit day for left fielder John Toppa with two doubles. The Huskies have only played two home games this season, so they’re undoubtedly looking forward to a five-game homestand this week, culminating in a conference series against Cincinnati.<<

Reaction Score
Well look @ this...

UConn checking in @ #22.
Louisville @ #10
ECU @ #11
Coastal Carolina @ #19

UConn @ #22
ECU @ #13
Louisville @ #17
Coastal Carolina @ #25

>>Connecticut made big waves over opening weekend when it won a series against Louisville in Lakeland, Fla.. Since then, the Huskies have had some ups and downs, but they’ve caught fire of late. With a 4-1 week that included a series win over UCF, they’ve gone 10-3 in their last 13 games. After splitting two close games to begin the weekend with the Knights, they left no doubt with a blowout win in the finale. Six different UConn hitters had at least two hits, led by a 3-for-5 day with a home run from shortstop Anthony Prado and a three-hit day for left fielder John Toppa with two doubles. The Huskies have only played two home games this season, so they’re undoubtedly looking forward to a five-game homestand this week, culminating in a conference series against Cincinnati.<<

Had to click the links to make sure you weren't April Fooling me!!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I feel this team deserves the ranking and I am thrilled to see it
Let's see how they use the news - are they going to be satisfied or are they going to use it as a pushing off point to surge onward?
I know it sounds trivial and stupid but some teams do rest on laurels
I don't feel this team is that type and I don't see Tyler Phommachanh letting them get into that psyche
Congrats Huskies and lets take care of business at home!!!!!

Reaction Score
Well look @ this (... and it’s not a cruel April Fool’s joke):

UConn checking in @ #22.
Louisville @ #10
ECU @ #11
Coastal Carolina @ #19

UConn @ #22
ECU @ #13
Louisville @ #17
Coastal Carolina @ #25

USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll (4/1/19)
Louisville @#10
ECU @ #16
Coastal Carolina @ #20
UConn @ #27 (Others receiving votes).

Reaction Score
I feel this team deserves the ranking and I am thrilled to see it
Let's see how they use the news - are they going to be satisfied or are they going to use it as a pushing off point to surge onward?
I know it sounds trivial and stupid but some teams do rest on laurels
I don't feel this team is that type and I don't see Tyler Phommachanh letting them get into that psyche
Congrats Huskies and lets take care of business at home!!!!!

This is no time to be satisfied. I know baseball isn't basketball, and you can't project a 5-0 week, but there is no reason they shouldn't bust out a 5-0 week. And if they want to challenge for the AAC regular season title, when you get a Cincy at home you can't leave wins on the table.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Perfect game has us ranked 18 (!!?!)

Their top 25 actually looks really accurate otherwise. Which one of you is in charge of their polling? ;)

Reaction Score
D1Baseball/NCAA Top 25 Poll (4/22/19)
Louisville @ #7
ECU @ #12
Indiana @ #23

Baseball America Top 25 (4/22/19)
Louisville @ #7
ECU @ #11
Indiana @ #25

>>East Carolina might just be poised to run away with the American Athletic Conference, with the most recent piece of evidence being a sweep of a quality Connecticut team. Lefthander Jake Agnos was dominant Thursday, throwing 8.2 innings, giving up five hits and one run with one walk and a career-high 14 strikeouts. The shortened second game was marked by a staff effort on the mound, with lefthander Jake Kuchmaner and righthanders Trey Benton, Sam Lanier and Evan Voliva combining to hold the Huskies to two unearned runs. First baseman Spencer Brickhouse paced the offense in Game 3, going 3-for-4 with two home runs and five RBI. The Pirates will get a visit from second-place Tulane this weekend.<<

USA Today Coaches Poll (4/22/19)
Louisville @ #6
ECU @ #12
Indiana @ #25
Coastal Carolina received 9 votes. Bryant received 2 and UConn received 1 vote

NCBWA Top 30 Poll (4/22/19)
UConn receiving votes.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors