2019 College Baseball Polls | The Boneyard

2019 College Baseball Polls

Reaction Score
NCAA/D1 Baseball.com Poll (2/18/19)

>>Twenty-three of the preseason Top 25 teams posted winning weekends, and just one had a losing weekend, so no teams entered or left the rankings.<<

Louisville dropped from #4 to #8
ECU remains @ #11

Reaction Score
Perfect Game Top 25 (2/18/19)

ECU up to #9 from #11
UConn up to #18 from #20

>>One obvious change is a two-spot jump for UConn, a team that beat the previously eighth-ranked Louisville Cardinals two games to one in their three-game series in Lakeland, Fla. Christian Fedko hit a grand slam in the third inning on Sunday that gave the Huskies all of the runs they would need to capture the series, and they did so without the services of their staff ace, Mason Feole. As a result UConn switches spots with Oklahoma State while Louisville drops three spots in the rankings.<<

Reaction Score
College Baseball Top 25 Rankings

How in the world are we not ranked while Louisville slips only one spot from 11th to 12th.

Simple answer. Because we're one weekend in to a baseball season, the people voting in the polls don't care yet since there is insufficient evidence to worry about it, and thus we shouldn't be worrying about it either.

Worry about playing well. If we keep playing well, rankings will follow when there has been a meaningful amount of games played.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
I guarantee you that baseball america will be the only poll to have us unranked.

Reaction Score
I guarantee you that baseball america will be the only poll to have us unranked.

Nope... NCAA/D1Baseball.com as well.

>>Kendall Rogers: Frankly, we hated to leave UConn out. They were in our Next 10, and clearly are a Top 25 caliber club.. However, it would be foolish to drop our a preseason ranked team who actually took care of business over the weekend. Poll mechanics were not UConn's friends this weekend.<<

Reaction Score
Nope... NCAA/D1Baseball.com as well.

>>Kendall Rogers: Frankly, we hated to leave UConn out. They were in our Next 10, and clearly are a Top 25 caliber club.. However, it would be foolish to drop our a preseason ranked team who actually took care of business over the weekend. Poll mechanics were not UConn's friends this weekend.<<

BusinessLawyer, you are 100% right when you say the polls do not matter a lick this early in the season, and if we keep playing well the rankings will follow after a meaningful amount of games have been played.

That having been said - the stupid, asinine logic trail that voters like this moron Kendall Rogers follow here drives me crazy. "It would be foolish to drop out a preseason ranked team who actually took care of business over the weekend." Oh, you mean because they played against inferior-caliber opponents? Sure, a few of them didn't - the MLB Collegiate Baseball Invitational participants Vanderbilt, Cal-State Fullerton and TCU obviously played tough opponents. But the majority of them? No.

Funny how in college basketball when a team comes out of nowhere and beats ranked opponents to win a pre-season tournament they get ranked, no matter what the other pre-season ranked teams did during that same time period. Why? Because they proved ON THE COURT that they were better than their pre-season prognostication.

We just did the same thing... playing arguably the toughest opening weekend in college baseball, without our best pitcher, and winning the series, including the rubber game in CONVINCING FASHION... and this jag off's reasoning essentially is "it is foolish to rank this team (UConn) that just proved to be significantly better than I thought they were because my pre-season rankings based upon my own conjecture (fantasies) should always carry more weight than, you know, the ACTUAL GAMES PLAYED.

Sorry, but that is just ASININE... but also oh so typical of so many of these voters who have oversized egos and need constant validation.

Reaction Score
BusinessLawyer, you are 100% right when you say the polls do not matter a lick this early in the season, and if we keep playing well the rankings will follow after a meaningful amount of games have been played.

That having been said - the stupid, asinine logic trail that voters like this moron Kendall Rogers follow here drives me crazy. "It would be foolish to drop out a preseason ranked team who actually took care of business over the weekend." Oh, you mean because they played against inferior-caliber opponents? Sure, a few of them didn't - the MLB Collegiate Baseball Invitational participants Vanderbilt, Cal-State Fullerton and TCU obviously played tough opponents. But the majority of them? No.

Funny how in college basketball when a team comes out of nowhere and beats ranked opponents to win a pre-season tournament they get ranked, no matter what the other pre-season ranked teams did during that same time period. Why? Because they proved ON THE COURT that they were better than their pre-season prognostication.

We just did the same thing... playing arguably the toughest opening weekend in college baseball, without our best pitcher, and winning the series, including the rubber game in CONVINCING FASHION... and this jag off's reasoning essentially is "it is foolish to rank this team (UConn) that just proved to be significantly better than I thought they were because my pre-season rankings based upon my own conjecture (fantasies) should always carry more weight than, you know, the ACTUAL GAMES PLAYED.

Sorry, but that is just ASININE... but also oh so typical of so many of these voters who have oversized egos and need constant validation.

When you picture the college baseball establishment, picture some guy in a straw hat, sipping a mint julep on a veranda somewhere just off the Ole Miss campus.

UConn baseball will always be put behind the eight ball in this sport simply because the South lost the Civil War.

Reaction Score
Oh, well. Seems inevitable that we’ll be ranked this year (and soon) as long as we stay course and don’t lose focus. Already seeing improvements over some of our past shortcomings (fielding, baserunning, bullpen).

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'm just happy UConn won 2 out of 3 vs L'ville
The rankings will come if they continue to improve and play smart
If you get your panties bunched about rankings this early your gonna be a complete basket case in 60 days

Reaction Score
I've said it before, but from what I've seen of the various baseball polls is that they are highly disparate from each other, perhaps more so than any other NCAA sport. Some teams may highly ranked in one poll, and barely register any recognition in another. The other thing is that college sports polls are usually very incremental in terms of their movement. A team will usually not move far in one direction or another.

It's been said before in this thread, but the most important thing is to keep on having winning weekends, and to take care of business in at least three quarters of the New England midweek games. Build that resume and the RPI for the NCAA tournament.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom