2019-2020 Preseason Top 25 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2019-2020 Preseason Top 25

Reaction Score
turning the corner! Love seeing our name in a preseason top-anything again

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If Jalen had one more year of eligibility, I think we are actually a top 25 team. I believe we're a little bit better next year, probably end up on the bubble.

If they want to get to the bubble, they're going to have to be a lot better next year. They weren't remotely near the bubble this year

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Have to get better. But honestly we need to stay healthy. If Adams/Gilbert didn't get hurt, we don't make the NCAAs most likely, but we win 20 games this year.

At some point, we have to stop getting snake bit, no?

Reaction Score
I would take 4 years of Yakwe if last year was his 18 year old level performance and not his 22 year old performance
but he wasn't 18 last year. plus he had the injury bug.

Reaction Score
Rob is a CT guy, so it's not too surprising that he tacked UConn onto the bottom of his list 7 months before the season starts, when the list really means nothing. I'll be stunned if we're in either preseason poll unless we get Precious or a stud grad transfer and even if we are we have a ways to go to prove we belong there.

He’s a smart guy who probably reads the boneyard. He just generated a few thousand clicks from hungry UConn fans

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
He’s a smart guy who probably reads the boneyard. He just generated a few thousand clicks from hungry UConn fans
Mostly hungry for some bacon jalapeno Mac and cheese.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Davis: My way-too-early top 25 for 2019-20. Here's looking...

10. Cincinnati

Key departures: Cane Broome, 6-0 Sr.; Justin Jenifer, 5-10 Sr.
Top returnees: Jarron Cumberland, 6-5 Sr.; Keith Williams, 6-5 Jr.; Nysier Brooks, 6-11 Sr.
Incoming: Samari Curtis, 6-4 Fr.

Cumberland had a terrific season and could explore the NBA, but unless he blows away scouts and GMs he most likely will return. That would give the Bearcats an established dominant player who’s a senior. Curtis, who initially committed to Xavier, should be an important contributor off the bat. He is a big, strong, tough scoring guard who was just named the state of Ohio’s Mr. Basketball.

18. Houston

Key departures: Corey Davis, 6-1 Sr.; Galen Robinson, 6-1 Sr.
Top returnees: Armoni Brooks, 6-3 Sr.; Fabian White, 6-7 Jr.; DeJon Jarreau, 6-5 Jr.
Incoming: Justin Gorham, 6-7 Jr.; Caleb Mills, 6-3 Fr.

It won’t be easy replacing Davis, but then again it wasn’t supposed to be easy replacing Rob Gray, either. Houston is returning two of its top three scorers in Brooks and Jarreau. White should have a breakthrough season after struggling with a foot injury as a sophomore. Gorham is a transfer from Towson, while Mills graduated early from high school in North Carolina and joined the team at the semester break. Sampson has called him the best offensive player he has recruited to Houston. And of course, the most important returnee is Sampson, who was courted by Arkansas but signed a six-year contract extension.

21. Memphis

Key departures: Jeremiah Martin, 6-3 Sr.; Kyvon Davenport, 6-8 Sr.; Kareem Brewton, 6-2 Sr.; Mike Parks, 6-8 Sr.
Top returnees: Alex Lomax, 5-10 Soph; Tyler Harris, 5-9 Soph.
Incoming: James Wiseman, 7-0 Fr.; D.J. Jeffries, 6-7 Fr.

Let the James Wiseman era begin — if only for a season. Penny Hardaway’s recruiting class is a doozy, and it could still get better if he adds Trendon Watford, a 6-9 McDonald’s All-American from Birmingham, Ala. The Tigers are also in the hunt for two other top recruits, Cassius Stanley and Lester Quinones. This year Memphis had a senior-dominated starting lineup, but it had two promising young guards in Lomax and Harris. This will be one of the youngest teams in the country next season, but it will also be one of the most talented and, given Hardaway’s breakneck style, one of the more entertaining.

No UConn but 3 AAC teams (including Cincinnati top 10 LOL)

Reaction Score
Davis: My way-too-early top 25 for 2019-20. Here's looking...

10. Cincinnati

Key departures: Cane Broome, 6-0 Sr.; Justin Jenifer, 5-10 Sr.
Top returnees: Jarron Cumberland, 6-5 Sr.; Keith Williams, 6-5 Jr.; Nysier Brooks, 6-11 Sr.
Incoming: Samari Curtis, 6-4 Fr.

Cumberland had a terrific season and could explore the NBA, but unless he blows away scouts and GMs he most likely will return. That would give the Bearcats an established dominant player who’s a senior. Curtis, who initially committed to Xavier, should be an important contributor off the bat. He is a big, strong, tough scoring guard who was just named the state of Ohio’s Mr. Basketball.

18. Houston

Key departures: Corey Davis, 6-1 Sr.; Galen Robinson, 6-1 Sr.
Top returnees: Armoni Brooks, 6-3 Sr.; Fabian White, 6-7 Jr.; DeJon Jarreau, 6-5 Jr.
Incoming: Justin Gorham, 6-7 Jr.; Caleb Mills, 6-3 Fr.

It won’t be easy replacing Davis, but then again it wasn’t supposed to be easy replacing Rob Gray, either. Houston is returning two of its top three scorers in Brooks and Jarreau. White should have a breakthrough season after struggling with a foot injury as a sophomore. Gorham is a transfer from Towson, while Mills graduated early from high school in North Carolina and joined the team at the semester break. Sampson has called him the best offensive player he has recruited to Houston. And of course, the most important returnee is Sampson, who was courted by Arkansas but signed a six-year contract extension.

21. Memphis

Key departures: Jeremiah Martin, 6-3 Sr.; Kyvon Davenport, 6-8 Sr.; Kareem Brewton, 6-2 Sr.; Mike Parks, 6-8 Sr.
Top returnees: Alex Lomax, 5-10 Soph; Tyler Harris, 5-9 Soph.
Incoming: James Wiseman, 7-0 Fr.; D.J. Jeffries, 6-7 Fr.

Let the James Wiseman era begin — if only for a season. Penny Hardaway’s recruiting class is a doozy, and it could still get better if he adds Trendon Watford, a 6-9 McDonald’s All-American from Birmingham, Ala. The Tigers are also in the hunt for two other top recruits, Cassius Stanley and Lester Quinones. This year Memphis had a senior-dominated starting lineup, but it had two promising young guards in Lomax and Harris. This will be one of the youngest teams in the country next season, but it will also be one of the most talented and, given Hardaway’s breakneck style, one of the more entertaining.

No UConn but 3 AAC teams (including Cincinnati top 10 LOL)

Florida on the list too... should have a decent SOS next season.

Reaction Score
If they want to get to the bubble, they're going to have to be a lot better next year. They weren't remotely near the bubble this year
I think with healthy Jalen, Al, and Yakwe we would have definitely been on the bubble

Reaction Score
Gilbert, Vital, Bouknight, Akok, Carlton is solid. With Gaffney, Sid, Polley, and Whaley off the bench, there is potential. I think around the 45-50 range is more realistic.

Reaction Score
The team needs to play better on the road. Talent is there to be a bubble team next year but being a pushover when playing outside of Gampel/XL will give the committee another reason to count us out. Only had one true freshman this year too which makes our road woes more frustrating.

If we beat the bottom half AAC teams at home and on the road, keep our home dominance rolling and can pluck one or two "resume" away wins, I will be happy. Whether or not that gets us in -we'll see.

Reaction Score
Akok at 5. No Carlton starting. CV back.
I frankly don't care if they've got Rickie Moore listed as the starting point guard . . .

Being mentioned in the top 25 again under any pretenses is . . . exhilarating.

Thank you Coach Hurley.
Thank you AD Benedict.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom