2019-2020 AAC | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2019-2020 AAC

Reaction Score
My updated rankings:

1 - Memphis: Losing Tucker to the draft hurts, especially with a team so young, but with this year's class there's so much talent where it'll be hard for another AAC team to top them.

2 - Cincinnati: What a great four weeks for the Bearcats: Two Cumberlands, two grad transfers and two new freshmen. Lacking true PG depth, but lots of talent on this team.

3 - South Florida: So much returning talent from last year's team and built for the long term with no seniors on their starting lineup.

4 - Wichita State: Might be too aggressive of a listing, but if the freshman PG trio of Etienne/Sherfield/Fernandes holds it together, this team could be a top-25 team.

5 - Houston: Having Brooks leave for the draft was a huge blow. With the young team they have and a great 2020 class, they could be the team to beat next year.

6 - UConn: Should be an exciting year nonetheless, but lack of frontcourt depth and AG's health remain huge short-term question marks.

7 - Temple: I want to love this team as Quinton Rose is one of my favorite AAC players, but the team lacking PG depth is huge. Who's going to start at PG? If elder Pierre-Louis can handle the role, the team could be very good.

8 - Tulsa: Really good veteran starting lineup and getting Ugboh late was a good get.

9 - SMU: Whitt transferring is a big blow. The team has nice pieces, but who will lead the team? No seniors on scholarship plus two good transfers make for a promising 2020-2021 season.

10 - Tulane: Good mix of exciting grad transfers, Ona Embo returning from injury and a diverse freshman class.

11 - UCF: Ingram and Milon are good grad transfer gets, but so much turnover from last year with their top 7 players from last year no longer on the roster.

12 - East Carolina: The team will still be led by Gardner and Williams, but they almost have a brand new roster. Could be good, or could be a doormat.

Reaction Score
My updated rankings:

1 - Memphis: Losing Tucker to the draft hurts, especially with a team so young, but with this year's class there's so much talent where it'll be hard for another AAC team to top them.

2 - Cincinnati: What a great four weeks for the Bearcats: Two Cumberlands, two grad transfers and two new freshmen. Lacking true PG depth, but lots of talent on this team.

3 - South Florida: So much returning talent from last year's team and built for the long term with no seniors on their starting lineup.

4 - Wichita State: Might be too aggressive of a listing, but if the freshman PG trio of Etienne/Sherfield/Fernandes holds it together, this team could be a top-25 team.

5 - Houston: Having Brooks leave for the draft was a huge blow. With the young team they have and a great 2020 class, they could be the team to beat next year.

6 - UConn: Should be an exciting year nonetheless, but lack of frontcourt depth and AG's health remain huge short-term question marks.

7 - Temple: I want to love this team as Quinton Rose is one of my favorite AAC players, but the team lacking PG depth is huge. Who's going to start at PG? If elder Pierre-Louis can handle the role, the team could be very good.

8 - Tulsa: Really good veteran starting lineup and getting Ugboh late was a good get.

9 - SMU: Whitt transferring is a big blow. The team has nice pieces, but who will lead the team? No seniors on scholarship plus two good transfers make for a promising 2020-2021 season.

10 - Tulane: Good mix of exciting grad transfers, Ona Embo returning from injury and a diverse freshman class.

11 - UCF: Ingram and Milon are good grad transfer gets, but so much turnover from last year with their top 7 players from last year no longer on the roster.

12 - East Carolina: The team will still be led by Gardner and Williams, but they almost have a brand new roster. Could be good, or could be a doormat.
Nice breakdown, thank you.

Clearly the conference is getting noticeably better every year. It will be interesting to see how many teams reside in the Top 25 polls this season.

Reaction Score
Sorry if I just couldn't find it, but has our non-con schedule been released yet? And if it hasn't, what games do we know on it?

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
This would be interesting. I can't recall if Hurley recruited him or not, but this showed up on the recruiting wires past day or so. New Cincy coach bring in top 50 sg? Those two predictions are generally pretty solid guys:

Zach Harvey's Crystal Ball Predictions
Apparently he won't be able to return to his prep school next year for some reason so he was trying to find a school that could take him for 2019. Looks like we're that school.

Reaction Score
UCF picks up another transfer:

Brandon Mahan, 6'5 200 shooting guard from Texas A&M. Sit one, play two. 6 ppg and has a 38.4 3P% with 71% of his shots being 3Ps.

Reaction Score
Another day, another transfer for Ron Hunter and Tulane.

Ibby Ali from Arkansas. Hasn't played for them yet, but the 6'10 245 center who is from Nigeria and grew up a soccer player until about five years ago when he moved to America. Was a former Baylor signee before going to Arkansas and as a senior he had offers from Tulane in addition to Syracuse, Minnesota, Georgetown, Nebraska, Wake Forest, Utah and some lesser D1 programs.

My take: Since he didn't play as a freshman, not sure whether he is immediately eligible or not, but in addition to Koka and Ajang, Ali will be another interesting project for Hunter and Tulane.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Another day, another transfer for Ron Hunter and Tulane.

Ibby Ali from Arkansas. Hasn't played for them yet, but the 6'10 245 center who is from Nigeria and grew up a soccer player until about five years ago when he moved to America. Was a former Baylor signee before going to Arkansas and as a senior he had offers from Tulane in addition to Syracuse, Minnesota, Georgetown, Nebraska, Wake Forest, Utah and some lesser D1 programs.

My take: Since he didn't play as a freshman, not sure whether he is immediately eligible or not, but in addition to Koka and Ajang, Ali will be another interesting project for Hunter and Tulane.
Hunter is going to do well at Tulane. That's such an incredible hire for them.

Reaction Score
Wichita State get another recruit for '19:

Josaphat Bilau, 6'11 230 from Spire Academy (Rocket Watts' teammate). Listed as #457 prospect. Decent rebound from losing Teddy Allen. Originally from France. Beat out West Virginia, Wake Forest, Pitt and Nevada.

Reaction Score
Wow, that's a very nice recruit for their new coach. Should be a tourney team, right?

For a guy that came out of the Horizon League to the league which you cannot recruit to aka the AAC, that new guy has done a heck of a job. I think that make their class close to top 40, and all in May and June.

Reaction Score
For a guy that came out of the Horizon League to the league which you cannot recruit to aka the AAC, that new guy has done a heck of a job. I think that make their class close to top 40, and all in May and June.
Impressive getting in Harvey, especially with this year.

Since Brannen has taken over Cincy has:

* Retained Jerron Cumberland
* Signed three recruits, 4-star Harvey, top 250 Adams-Woods and Jeremiah Davenport
* Added three grad transfers: guards Jaevin Cumberland (17.2p, 3r, 3.5a for Oakland), Chris McNeal (9.5p, 2.7a for New Mexico) and center Jaume Sorolla (4p, 3r, 1.3b for Valpo)
* Added a solid 2020 commit with #156 PG Mike Saunders
* Added a transfer from NKU, center Chris Vogt

Reaction Score
Impressive getting in Harvey, especially with this year.

Since Brannen has taken over Cincy has:

* Retained Jerron Cumberland
* Signed three recruits, 4-star Harvey, top 250 Adams-Woods and Jeremiah Davenport
* Added three grad transfers: guards Jaevin Cumberland (17.2p, 3r, 3.5a for Oakland), Chris McNeal (9.5p, 2.7a for New Mexico) and center Jaume Sorolla (4p, 3r, 1.3b for Valpo)
* Added a solid 2020 commit with #156 PG Mike Saunders
* Added a transfer from NKU, center Chris Vogt
People who think the AAC is total trash are dumb. Cincy and Memphis will always be good draws. If Houston can keep Sampson, you've got a good top 3, and you have to think Temple gets back on their feet. It's not a bad conference, it just has dregs that are unfathomably bad that will always pull down their NET and most (outside of Cincy-Memphis-Temple) don't particularly care about their teams. Every other team has no non-alumni fans.

Reaction Score
People who think the AAC is total trash are dumb. Cincy and Memphis will always be good draws. If Houston can keep Sampson, you've got a good top 3, and you have to think Temple gets back on their feet. It's not a bad conference, it just has dregs that are unfathomably bad that will always pull down their NET and most (outside of Cincy-Memphis-Temple) don't particularly care about their teams. Every other team has no non-alumni fans.

I saw Quentin Grimes the 5 star transfer from Kansas went to Houston today. Applying for waiver.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom