2018 UConn Commit - Noah Iden (North Kingston RI) PWO | The Boneyard

2018 UConn Commit - Noah Iden (North Kingston RI) PWO

Reaction Score

Looks as if he needs some flexibility. His leg doesn't get much above his waist on his punts and the punts are only going 40 yards in the air...that's about 30 yards beyond the line of scrimmage.
Field goals were from 35 yards.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Unrelated factoid. My first steady gf at UConn when I was there just before the Civil War was from North Kingstown. Whatever became of her? I don’t think she played football.

Reaction Score
Looks as if he needs some flexibility. His leg doesn't get much above his waist on his punts and the punts are only going 40 yards in the air...that's about 30 yards beyond the line of scrimmage.
Field goals were from 35 yards.

I think his field goals were from 50-55 yards actually. But he was kicking with the wind. That will give 10+/- yards on your kicks. Mechanics need to improve in all aspects. He punches the ball and doesn’t have the best follow through. Hopefully he can work with our kickers and develop over time. The southeast region is always loaded with talented kickers Im surprised we haven’t tried snagging one of them. We got lucky with Dave Teggart from Mass. Tarbutt needs work and this kid looks a little raw but he’s young and can improve over time. Aside from coaching, well done on the commit and welcome to the pound!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I look at it this way, going into this season it looks like we have someone to make at least the short kicks if anything happens to tarbutt.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Good height on the ball and it looks like they are from the 40-45 yard line
The wind is at his back but hit a few with the banners still
Big kid with good leg strength
WELCOME!!!

Reaction Score
He made three 50 yarders in a row without editing there. Looks big and strong. Hopefully, he can kick it in front of a big crowd. A kicker is the one guy that can be found almost anywhere. Some random, below average soccer player from Coventry could be a great kicker. Happy to have a backup, that’s for sure.

Reaction Score
He made three 50 yarders in a row without editing there. Looks big and strong. Hopefully, he can kick it in front of a big crowd. A kicker is the one guy that can be found almost anywhere. Some random, below average soccer player from Coventry could be a great kicker. Happy to have a backup, that’s for sure.

I have to disagree. There's a reason most high schools can't find a kicker even with a roster of 50+ kids. the difference between a good high school kicker and great high school kicker is huge. it's an even bigger leap to college

Reaction Score
Mechanics can be fixed. After last season I’m more worried about what’s going on between his ears.

Reaction Score
I looked up his combine stats and overall he’s a decent prospect. There were about 300+ kickers/punters from all over the US.

Field goals: ranked 200
Kick offs: ranked 83 avg 65 yds/3.65 ht
Punt: ranked 132 avg 37 yds/3.3 ht

Room to work with but solid PWO

Reaction Score
I have to disagree. There's a reason most high schools can't find a kicker even with a roster of 50+ kids. the difference between a good high school kicker and great high school kicker is huge. it's an even bigger leap to college

That’s not what I meant. I wasn’t saying kickers are a dime a dozen, I was saying you never know where you’ll find a good kicker. He could be anywhere, might not even play football.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I trust Randy with kickers. Through the years, Matt Nuzie probably had the toughest time and he was very good. Teggart, etc were excellent. Punters were always really good during RE V1. So if Randy is giving him a shot, there is something there.

Reaction Score
That’s not what I meant. I wasn’t saying kickers are a dime a dozen, I was saying you never know where you’ll find a good kicker. He could be anywhere, might not even play football.

I tried walking on at CCSU to kick when I was in college. They had 3 kickers... 3! Idk why you even need that many. The kicking world has grown a lot over the years and the internet has made it much easier to learn and develop your kicking game and recruit. It’s certainly expanding a lot but it’s mostly a head game. You can have a guy that can boot the ball far but cannot make a chip shot to win the game - see UConn vs UVA 2016 for example the kicker missed a 20 yard field goal to win the game. It’s hard finding a kicker that can check all the boxes you want. Dave Teggart was the best kicker we have had IMO.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
I tried walking on at CCSU to kick when I was in college. They had 3 kickers... 3! Idk why you even need that many. The kicking world has grown a lot over the years and the internet has made it much easier to learn and develop your kicking game and recruit. It’s certainly expanding a lot but it’s mostly a head game. You can have a guy that can boot the ball far but cannot make a chip shot to win the game - see UConn vs UVA 2016 for example the kicker missed a 20 yard field goal to win the game. It’s hard finding a kicker that can check all the boxes you want. Dave Teggart was the best kicker we have had IMO.
If you were there when I was, I was one of those kickers. I was also a linebacker but that was a l o n g time ago. 73 and 74.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Here is an inside look into college football.

There are a thousand kids who can make kicks on a empty field off a tee.

Recently UConn had a kicker who would post videos making kicks from 70 yards... then it turned out when you needed a kick to tie or win a game he had zero chance of making it.

Pro tip: don’t watch videos of kickers on empty fields. You are better off watching a basketball player compete against folding chairs.

Last edited:

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Here is an inside look into college football.

There are a thousand kids who can make kicks on a empty field off a tee.

Recently UConn had a kicker who would post videos making kicks from 70 yards... then it turned out when you needed a kick to tie or win a game he had zero chance of making it.

Pro tip: don’t watch videos of kickers on empty fields. You are better off watching a basketball player compete against folding chairs.
What about trick shot QB videos?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom