2018 UConn Commit #20: Lwal Uguak | The Boneyard

2018 UConn Commit #20: Lwal Uguak

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
He had a Fresno State offer for those of you that pay attention to that.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Could he play as s true freshman? Quite possibly.

Super amped to have this kid for our new DT.

Reaction Score
I was wondering why there were no flags being thrown with all the forward motion going on and then realized it's Canadian football so those rules don't apply.

Looks like a player, and that was just his junior film.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think/hope he is coming in as a DE. Either way, psyched to have him in the fold

Pure DT at the HS level are hard to find. It seem almost all D1 kids are playing DE at the HS level and then they move inside if they look like they can make the transition. On this roster, without anymore commits, it seems Uguak is our best option to play DT. If we have better DT candidates, we could then move him outside. Pace intrigues as someone that might be able to play inside as well - too little film on him to say much however.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Pure DT at the HS level are hard to find. It seem almost all D1 kids are playing DE at the HS level and then they move inside if they look like they can make the transition. On this roster, without anymore commits, it seems Uguak is our best option to play DT. If we have better DT candidates, we could then move him outside. Pace intrigues as someone that might be able to play inside as well - too little film on him to say much however.

Unless they think Travis Jones will be a star at OG I'd stick him at NT. We already have decent OG depth

Reaction Score
"Born to South Sudanese parents who fled their war-torn country and came to Canada a year before he was born, (Lwal Uguak) knows the value in making the most of a opportunity."

“Lwal is a natural born leader,” said Titans assistant head coach Tyler Greenslade. “From the moment we’ve had him since Grade 10, you can tell he’s passionate about the sport of football and he’s such a great teammate. “When I talk to different coaches and scouts, he has the different intangibles that not all kids have. He’s been a real gift to our program.”

Reaction Score
Could he play as s true freshman? Quite possibly.

Super amped to have this kid for our new DT.

Especially if you want him to play DT, I think the weight may be a bit much to put on in 9 months. He would have to put on 60 or 70 pounds for DT.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Especially if you want him to play DT, I think the weight may be a bit much to put on in 9 months. He would have to put on 60 or 70 pounds for DT.
Have you seen the current roster of NT?

Reaction Score
Edmonton, Alberta? Could it be he thinks he committed to Yukon? So his parents can come watch him play?
Out of curiousity, I checked flights: 9 hr 1-stop to BDL vs 6 hr 1-stop flight to Whitehorse. Inconveniently, no direct Edmonton-NYC flights exist (7 hrs).

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
"Born to South Sudanese parents who fled their war-torn country and came to Canada a year before he was born, (Lwal Uguak) knows the value in making the most of a opportunity."

“Lwal is a natural born leader,” said Titans assistant head coach Tyler Greenslade. “From the moment we’ve had him since Grade 10, you can tell he’s passionate about the sport of football and he’s such a great teammate. “When I talk to different coaches and scouts, he has the different intangibles that not all kids have. He’s been a real gift to our program.”

So...an RKG, but he has the skills and athleticism for this level?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom