2018 UConn Commit #16 - Liam Maloney (Schenectady, NY) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2018 UConn Commit #16 - Liam Maloney (Schenectady, NY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
IMG_0143.JPG
Could be the next Will Beatty.

My first thought too!

Reaction Score
The sad reality is: how many of these good under the radar recruits will get poached now that they have a UConn offer?

Very few. Seems they're here for the right reasons and recognize the opportunity here is real not just some amateur hour with a floppy hat attached to it.

Reaction Score
I am a firm believer that the early signing period, esp in Y1, will provide interesting stories, including making poaching more interesting come the holidays. I also believe that as the big schools lock up classes earlier, the late bloomers will fall to us moreso.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I am a firm believer that the early signing period, esp in Y1, will provide interesting stories, including making poaching more interesting come the holidays. I also believe that as the big schools lock up classes earlier, the late bloomers will fall to us moreso.
Agreed regarding late bloomers. With respect to Edsall 2.0 however, as I plotted out on 2018 recruiting thread yesterday, just looking at who we have offered over the past three weeks and of those offers, those that we have a legitimate shot at, it seems Randy might not have too many slots either in January. We have nine slots left and it seems we are in real pursuit to fill them all ASAP.

Reaction Score
Looks like another Randy Special! Athleticism and potential with a good frame. Given the proper coaching from Grimes and Co., this kid could be a real nice addition to an area where we could really use his skills. Welcome aboard Liam!
Exactly right, 2I. This is getting to feel better by the day!

Reaction Score
Bishop Gibbons history in football - going back 40 years - isn't anything too impressive. Nor is most of the Albany region. But that's the thing ... you need not over analyze. Raw size, speed and a weight program can get the kid to a major problem development prospect to play in a few years. Thinking Zach Hurd or Dan Ryan.
Good take by another 518. Kid has been a virtual unknown playing for a 3-HS combo, but upside is obvious. Will watch his growth this year. Go get 'me Liam!

Reaction Score
What happened with this kid did he end up signing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom