2018 UConn Commit #12 - Shamel Lazarus (Brooklyn New York) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2018 UConn Commit #12 - Shamel Lazarus (Brooklyn New York)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Were you teaching the lesson in 2016 when you started spouting off after the first commit, only to end up with a class that was filled with guys who had multiple offers, many from P5 schools? Just checking . . .

You want to go through the offer lists of Diaco's recruits? You can't seriously want to do that.

They have this staff and a season win total gambling line of 3/3.5 wins. You really don't see the connection yet?

His classes weren't good enough to win the CAA.

The reason why you could start with Diaco's first recruit was because it was months late and we knew from history it didn't get better.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
This staff is composed of competent, high level professionals who have proven they can win.

If HCRE wants to offer a kid with a Buffalo offer, then I fully believe that the kid can play at this level.

Mix in the Edsall under the radar kids, along with winning battles against BC, Rutgers, Cuse, Temple, Pitt, etc. and we will be well on our way to contending in a couple seasons.

There is no doubt in my mind that the 2007-2010 years under Edsall win this AAC at least twice (same as in BE).

Reaction Score
This staff is composed of competent, high level professionals who have proven they can win.

If HCRE wants to offer a kid with a Buffalo offer, then I fully believe that the kid can play at this level.

Mix in the Edsall under the radar kids, along with winning battles against BC, Rutgers, Cuse, Temple, Pitt, etc. and we will be well on our way to contending in a couple seasons.

There is no doubt in my mind that the 2007-2010 years under Edsall win this AAC at least twice (same as in BE).
Remember when Diaco kept saying they had the best "staff in the country"? Laughable.

Reaction Score
You want to go through the offer lists of Diaco's recruits? You can't seriously want to do that.

They have this staff and a season win total gambling line of 3/3.5 wins. You really don't see the connection yet?

His classes weren't good enough to win the CAA.

The reason why you could start with Diaco's first recruit was because it was months late and we knew from history it didn't get better.

If you're looking at offers as the measure of success, 2016 class was particularly good. His others were complete whiffs.

Reaction Score
Storrs Central‏ @StorrsCentral 13m 13 minutes ago
Highly sought-after DB Shamel Lazarus discusses why he chose #UConn

>>"I decided to commit to UConn mostly because of the coaching staff,” Lazarus said. "They made me a priority, and I really feel like they have a plan for me. Also, I liked the idea of having the opportunity to play early. I know if I get there and I continue to improve like I have, then I would be able to get on the field and make some plays for my team."<<

>>"I talk to Coach Cox and Coach Wholley daily. They made sure to build a great relationship with me. A lot of times we don't even talk about football stuff. We can talk about what ever. But they always let me know that they think I can be great one day and to never stop working,” said Lazarus.<<

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Article about Lazarus from 247:

Relationships, belief in upside lead Lazarus to UConn

"It feels great to be committed to Connecticut," Lazarus told 247Sports. "I don't have to worry about recruiting anymore. I can just get back to having fun."

"I chose UConn mostly because the coaching staff had so much belief in me," he explained. "They really took the time out to build a relationship. They want me to become the next great defensive back, as much as I do."

"The coaches think I have a lot of upside and have the ability to get on the field early," he stated. "But that is still up to me. I know nothing is given."

"Off the field, I am kind of quiet and don't talk to much, but on the field, UConn is getting a tough kid that is going to get in people's ears," Lazarus said when asked what he plans to bring to the program.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom