2018 UConn Commit #10 - Ryan Carroll (Oxon Hill Maryland) | The Boneyard

2018 UConn Commit #10 - Ryan Carroll (Oxon Hill Maryland)

Reaction Score
Looks like the 3-3-5 is for real. What do we need 10-12 DB's?

Seems like the roster will need a total of 15-18 DB's (including redshirts). Next season we will have 14, and RE is probably expecting a transfer or 3

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Remember the 3-3-5 uses linebackers that are smaller Be faster so some could end up at linebacker as well. Defensive backs are used a lot on special teams as well so my guess is we are in need of them for that as well

Reaction Score
From RichieS article after he was offered:

>>"Well I went to the camp with the intentions of getting the offer based off my level of play,” Carroll said. "So to start off with testing I ran 4.57 40 yard dash, 9'8 in the broad jump and a 4.3 shuttle. After that it came down to the drills while I was doing the drills the CB coach Cox he moved me into an elite group you can say. "He kept his eyes on me ever since then especially in 1-on-1s. I caught an interception in the 1-on-1 and another in 7v7. After the camp they took me to meet the head coach and he pulled that trigger and offered me a full scholarship.”

The class of 2018 DB target appreciated UConn's history of putting defensive backs in the NFL as well as the academic opportunities."It felt great because all my hard work paid off and it definitely was a confidence builder. I like the DB background they have. In the past couple of years they've had some freaks come out of UConn. I feel like I could be one of those guys especially with my long frame.<<

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Just to nip Pal at the bud. I'm like B-rabbit in 8 mile. I take their claims and use it first.

Still no big uglies.

C

Chief00

I am still a believer it all starts upfront. You have to keep the blockers off the fast guys - so they can make the tackles. However if the OL makes downhill penetration a defense collapses regardless of the speed.

Reaction Score
I am still a believer it all starts upfront. You have to keep the blockers off the fast guys - so they can make the tackles. However if the OL makes downhill penetration a defense collapses regardless of the speed.
In a 3-3-5 the "front" can be a 5 man front with LB's on the edge, or a 4-3 with a LB on the edge and a safety in the box, etc. We're going to see guys coming from all over the field.

Reaction Score
Hard to find an updated list of commits with information. None of the regular sites have anything.
IMG_0675.JPG

2018 UConn Offer/Commit List Only
2017 UConn Offer/Commit List Only

C

Chief00

In a 3-3-5 the "front" can be a 5 man front with LB's on the edge, or a 4-3 with a LB on the edge and a safety in the box, etc. We're going to see guys coming from all over the field.

True, I love speed coming at them from all angles but you still need some bulls up front!

Reaction Score
True, I love speed coming at them from all angles but you still need some bulls up front!
we definitely do need more size up front. they need to be space eaters in the run game.

Reaction Score
Welcome Ryan! And thanks to Obi and the DB's that paved the way for this new wave of athletes headed in our direction by driving themselves to the next level.

The philosophy of this team has been turned upside down and I like it a lot. Not sure how much HCRE knows about this new Defense but he's going with DC Crocker's flow and kids are responding. This will be exciting football. Maybe a little crazy at first, but if we can smile through the growing pains it should become obvious that modeling UConn after ND was a pipe-dream and boring as heck trying to watch. This won't be that.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Welcome Ryan! And thanks to Obi and the DB's that paved the way for this new wave of athletes headed in our direction by driving themselves to the next level.

The philosophy of this team has been turned upside down and I like it a lot. Not sure how much HCRE knows about this new Defense but he's going with DC Crocker's flow and kids are responding. This will be exciting football. Maybe a little crazy at first, but if we can smile through the growing pains it should become obvious that modeling UConn after ND was a pipe-dream and boring as heck trying to watch. This won't be that.

One of the things that I think could be really exciting about running this defense, is the potential for turnovers. BD's big, slow defense does not lend itself to forcing TOs. But smaller LBs, and big safeties flying around the field and popping people certainly does.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom