2018 UConn Commit #1 Kevon Jones (East Hartford, CT) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2018 UConn Commit #1 Kevon Jones (East Hartford, CT)

Reaction Score
Welcome to UCONN, KK!

And I'm pretty sure Deleston went to East Catholic ... so this may be the first Hornet we've seen in quite a while!

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Welcome to UCONN, KK!

And I'm pretty sure Deleston went to East Catholic ... so this may be the first Hornet we've seen in quite a while!
First one since Dan Lawrence. Was our QB in 1987 when we won the LL State Title

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
have a ton of film on this kid, should be interesting to see how he develops over the course of the next yr. ill for sure be looking at the film i get on EHHS a lot closer now.

Reaction Score
Mike Anthony/Courant UConn? Easy Decision For East Hartford's Kevon Jones

>>Jones, who accepted Edsall's scholarship offer upon returning to campus Saturday, also credits the Supreme Athlete mentoring program in Bloomfield with helping him reach a point where he was deserving of an FBS-level scholarship. Supreme Athlete is run by Stanley Williams, a Weaver High and UConn graduate who was a walk-on player for the Huskies in 2004-05.

Asaph Schwapp, another Weaver graduate and the Connecticut player of the year in 2004 before playing at Notre Dame, is the program's honorary director.

According to its website, Supreme Athlete's mission, "is to serve communities by reaching and teaching our youth through academics and athletics. Our work focuses on the academic, social, and athletic development of our youth. We are committed to developing in our youth a positive self-image by providing them with an environment of mentors, tutors, and support staff who not only believe in our youth, but are also from the community and have successfully demonstrated the ability to excel at sports at the collegiate level while balancing family, education, and a social life."

Jones, who said he wasn't always on track academically or socially to receive a college scholarship offer, remains involved with Supreme Athlete, saying the program, "changed my life."<<

Reaction Score
⚡️Killaa Kay ⚡️‏ @Kevon_Jones7 38m 38 minutes ago
Get used to seeing me in this jersey #huskies
20.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member