2018 UConn Baseball Team Awards | The Boneyard

2018 UConn Baseball Team Awards

Reaction Score
063A19FA-9BBE-408C-9C01-B7A449ADE74E.jpeg
fall roster

Reaction Score

That sheet looks familiar, I picked one up at the game as well.

Players from last year's roster with eligibility remaining who are not on the 2018 fall ball roster:

Kenny Bergmann
Jarrod Melle
Dan Rajkowski
Ronnie Rossomando

Bergmann and Melle were already known to be not returning to the team. I'm not surprised that Rajkowski did not come back for his senior redshirt year. However, I am very surprised by Rossomando not returning, as he could have been useful if he gained more control over his pitches. Does anyone know if he transferred to another school, or what?

Reaction Score
That sheet looks familiar, I picked one up at the game as well.

Players from last year's roster with eligibility remaining who are not on the 2018 fall ball roster:

Kenny Bergmann
Jarrod Melle
Dan Rajkowski
Ronnie Rossomando

Bergmann and Melle were already known to be not returning to the team. I'm not surprised that Rajkowski did not come back for his senior redshirt year. However, I am very surprised by Rossomando not returning, as he could have been useful if he gained more control over his pitches. Does anyone know if he transferred to another school, or what?

Overall, aside from Rossomando no longer on the team, no real surprises to the fall roster, at least to me. All the freshmen and California JUCO transfers that we knew about are on the fall roster, plus the three transfers from other programs (Paul Gozzo, Nate Panzer, and Karl Johnson).

Also, AJ Denny and Justin Lanese return for their second fall ball season in Storrs. Add in three other JUCOs from the northeast (two from Avery Point, always good to see those guys trying to make the team in Storrs), and that is the fall ball roster.

For fall ball, UConn is carrying 19 pitchers, plus freshmen position players Will Lucas and Adam Schwartz who potentially could see time on the mound. When the cuts start to come after the fall ball season to get down to the 35 man spring roster, it seems that very few pitchers are likely to be cut, as I expect UConn will have somewhere in the neighborhood of 18 pitchers. I counted 46 players on the fall ball roster, so 11 will have to be cut before the season starts in February.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom