2018 Schedule To Be Released Tuesday Feb 13 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2018 Schedule To Be Released Tuesday Feb 13

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Wasn't this the residual effect from the reshuffling UConn did to get the BCU & UMass series done?

We had Navy in week 2 in 2016 to fit BCU in for that November. Same reason.

I think the AD is banking on a big crowd for the visiting team vs. UMASS. The problem with that is why do they think the Minutemen will bring a big fan presence? They have trouble getting their fanbase to show for games in Foxborough, which is about as far from Amherst as E. Hartford is. We better hope they're having a great season leading up to Oct. 27. Otherwise we're lucky if 20k show up for that game.

Reaction Score
Wasn't this the residual effect from the reshuffling UConn did to get the BCU & UMass series done?

We had Navy in week 2 in 2016 to fit BCU in for that November. Same reason.
I meant why is it on a Thursday. Not why is it week 1.

Reaction Score

For this team, that's a challenging start but something for the players to get really excited about. I wish them all the best in training and preparation for playing the National Champs on opening day! It will require leadership, skill and guts but they have to believe in order to have a chance. This video reminds me of the hard work ahead. Go Huskies!

Never give up, don't quit

Reaction Score
Really like this schedule. I love that we open up with UCF. Thursday games suck but at least we are playing a conference game instead of URI.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The bye week comes right at the halfway mark. So there's that.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Only if everything goes right and the football gods love us, wins against:

Rhode Island
Cincinnati
UMass
Tulsa
East Carolina

Finding one win among the other seven looks highly doubtful.

I'll gladly take 5-7.

Reaction Score
That UMass game won't be a cake walk... They've been playing a lot of top level teams over the past few years... getting smacked around pretty good. I think they're probably better prepared going forward to play us at the very least.
They are actually getting pretty decent and can put up points. That is no gimme game... sad but true. In fact, they come in about 20 spots higher in projected CFB team rankings if I recall. Most of that is attributable to a putrid D this year. If Betty Crocker puts another schit pile out on the field, he should be tarred and feathered.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom