2018 Roster Changes Confirmed | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2018 Roster Changes Confirmed

Reaction Score
He had a good rep. I just think Diaco recruited guys with a lot of limits. A bunch of guys 6'5" 250 with offers from Bucknel, Lehigh, Lafayette and Wagner

I still believe P recruited light years better and we are due for one more really rough year on the field it may be worst than this past year. Can't see who replaces the production of Ormsby and Luke.

I think like everything else that Diaco touched, Balis sucked. The evidence can’t possibly be more clear.

Reaction Score
Does everyone remember when RahRah Bob took over and said we're going to recruit big kids and we're going to put the current players on a more
healthful diet? He said nothing about big kids who also happen to be fast and strong, and the existing roster did appear to slim down. They didn't get stronger or faster, but did look very healthy when losing.

So, Edsall's probably right that it'll take another year and likely two to turn the roster around to get the speed they need. In his first time here he found players with speed who others passed up, likely due to their size. Darius Butler ran a 4.29 or better in high school and was under six feet tall, as I recall, and was a two star with no other offers who turned out pretty well for UConn. Obi Melifonwu had no other offers and interest from Fordham, BC, Rhode Island and Temple. Not the type players Alabama recruits, but they turned out to be great players here and would have been great elsewhere but were not judged correctly or simply overlooked. It couldn't have just been luck, could it?

Reaction Score
Two-deep at DE for the spring looks to be Okounam and Freeborn starting with Atkins and Garson behind them. I'm not going to pass comment.
I will... Underwhelming... Because I hope these 4 will prove me wrong, along with the recruits coming in... We gotta hit the QB consistently... They opposing teams' QBs, for the most part, had a 3 course meal back there before they threw the ball to an open receiver on 3rd downs... Didn't help that we also played kind of a prevent defense at Corner at the same time...

Reaction Score
It’s like people didn’t watch the games.

There is not a single player who left who is going to have any impact on the future.
The only one's that left that would have seen ANY playing time are Britton, Brown and Lawley. Of the 3 I say Britton would have made the most impact next season...and maybe Brown. Other than that..thank you for coming; have a nice day.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The only one's that left that would have seen ANY playing time are Britton, Brown and Lawley. Of the 3 I say Britton would have made the most impact next season...and maybe Brown. Other than that..thank you for coming; have a nice day.

They are going to be downright terrible next year. I’d rather play underclassmen than below average seniors. (yes I know that only two of those three are seniors).

Reaction Score
Does everyone remember when RahRah Bob took over and said we're going to recruit big kids and we're going to put the current players on a more
healthful diet? He said nothing about big kids who also happen to be fast and strong, and the existing roster did appear to slim down. They didn't get stronger or faster, but did look very healthy when losing.

So, Edsall's probably right that it'll take another year and likely two to turn the roster around to get the speed they need. In his first time here he found players with speed who others passed up, likely due to their size. Darius Butler ran a 4.29 or better in high school and was under six feet tall, as I recall, and was a two star with no other offers who turned out pretty well for UConn. Obi Melifonwu had no other offers and interest from Fordham, BC, Rhode Island and Temple. Not the type players Alabama recruits, but they turned out to be great players here and would have been great elsewhere but were not judged correctly or simply overlooked. It couldn't have just been luck, could it?
Obi was a P recruit. Your point still stands, we need to find NFL caliber players where other teams aren't looking. Diaco' s most likely NFL player will likely be Peart.

Reaction Score

When I read this, I thought it has to be wrong, but the games clearly showed that we were slow and not very strong.

I did notice that Diaco did not recruit skilled players from Florida and Georgia like Edsall did. Edsall would grab 2 or 3 DBs/WR/RBs per year from Florida and Georgia whereas Diaco would bring in only 1 per year. Diaco brought in Johnson (RB), Battle (WR), and Vickers (RB). None of them appeared to have much speed.

Reaction Score
Geez.. That's a ton of players leaving.. How do we fill the roster when there's only 25 schollies available per recruting year??? There's gotta be a transfer or two or three or four (or five?) heading here , via JUCO/GS??? that's just too many to leave all at once. We need the competition in practice at the very least...

I have an idea. Why don't you follow ever player nationally who will be a grad student next year and suggest they come here? Oh wait ....

Just kidding. Sort of.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I can’t believe how many people are surprised to see this. We couldn’t push around Holy Cross.

Who got shut out by Yale....

I pointed this out to a UConn fan on Twitter who was remarking on HCs QB and he retorted that Yale won the Ivy. We've fallen so far that we're practically melting in the Earth's core

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

I pointed this out to a UConn fan on Twitter who was remarking on HCs QB and he retorted that Yale won the Ivy. We've fallen so far that we're practically melting in the Earth's core

Can we make these points of emphasis after 2/1? I don't want to scare away our 7 additional kids. I motion all such comparative commentary be suspended to 2/2.

Reaction Score

Diaco's plan revealed: If we're Meek, we'll inherit the AAC.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Coney was a Diaco preferred walk on who got a scholly? But his penalties on kickoffs did not endear him to the big guy this year, I’d imagine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom