2018 Hockey East Preview - Connecticut (McMahon @ Mack Report) | The Boneyard

2018 Hockey East Preview - Connecticut (McMahon @ Mack Report)

Reaction Score
Sounds like deep down, Mike doesn’t even agree with his own prediction

Yeah - he acknowledged the freshman goal metric is throwing things off in his model.

Reaction Score
Sounds like deep down, Mike doesn’t even agree with his own prediction
Not even deep down, he readily acknowledges that were he making the predictions based on his own thoughts, he would not pick UConn last. It doesn't make sense, they are most definitely not the worst team in the league. Top eight make the conference tournament now, I'd be very surprised if UConn's not in it.

Reaction Score
A lot of things would have to go wrong for this team to finish last. I think they will be fighting for the 7 or 8 seed.

The two biggest questions are the performance of the defensemen and how much offense will the team receive from the freshmen.

Iskhakov, Howarth, Kondelik, Evans, and Turnbull are going to have to be important contributors on offense. From what I have read about Iskhakov, he has the skill set of a first rounder but the problem lies in the fact he is only 5’7”, 165 lbs and just turned 18. Kondelik is only 18, also. Howarth has to be expected to provide scoring from the outset.

Can Payusov replicate and/or improve upon his breakout season? He will need to for the team’s sake.

After Karashik, Gendron, and Nyberg, a lot remains to be seen from the defensemen.

How well Iskhakov, Kondelik, Howarth, Huska, and Vomacka play will have a big say on whether this team makes the playoffs.

Reaction Score
A lot of things would have to go wrong for this team to finish last. I think they will be fighting for the 7 or 8 seed.

The two biggest questions are the performance of the defensemen and how much offense will the team receive from the freshmen.

Iskhakov, Howarth, Kondelik, Evans, and Turnbull are going to have to be important contributors on offense. From what I have read about Iskhakov, he has the skill set of a first rounder but the problem lies in the fact he is only 5’7”, 165 lbs and just turned 18. Kondelik is only 18, also. Howarth has to be expected to provide scoring from the outset.

Can Payusov replicate and/or improve upon his breakout season? He will need to for the team’s sake.

After Karashik, Gendron, and Nyberg, a lot remains to be seen from the defensemen.

How well Iskhakov, Kondelik, Howarth, Huska, and Vomacka play will have a big say on whether this team makes the playoffs.
I am Expecting breakout years from Gendron and El Mir and if the other returning players show improvement along with the stud freshman we will e competitive for a playoff spot.

Reaction Score
One glaring weakness is depth on defense. A couple injuries there could cripple our season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom