2018 Commitments | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2018 Commitments

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Raoul‏ @Raoul_000
Raoul Retweeted North Tartan

Wisconsin WBB picks up first 2018 commitment: Carmen Backes, 6-1 W, Chisago Lakes HS (MN); reportedly had about 30 offers, as of Dec. 2016. (#45 in Hoopgurlz, #64 in Prospects Nation. )

carmen-backes

Reaction Score
Short Answer: Either "No" or "Not looking like Plan A."

As any of my colleagues on "McGraw's Bench" could attest, I would second, third and fifteenth having Dara make it a Mabrey hat trick (or three pointer to be more accurate) in South Bend.

However, I think Dara is in a pecking order for one of the two last slots that MM says she has available for 2018.
Coach says she wants one more post/forward to be available in 2018 and I'm guessing that could be a freshman (Olivia Nelson-Ododa would be manna from heaven) or a transfer that has to sit t out a year (Jessica Shepard has been on-campus).

And MM has said might want possibly one more 2018 recruit, probably a guard. My gut is that the high end of this range is Christyn Williams, who has the Irish on her short list. Niele Ivey saw her in Dallas this weekend. And Williams, as my UConn colleagues here know, would be an incredible get. That's the trouble....it's her world and she can call the shots on this one (I'm still having bad-trip flashbacks from what happened with Westbrook and Walker).

So, my gut tells me that Dara is Plan B or C if Williams -- or another highly rated guard we don't know about -- goes elsewhere.

I'd love to have a guard like Dara -- who although slightly smaller than her sisters -- was still the NJ Gatorade Player of the Year as a junior, has the trademark Mabrey touch from three-point land, and is very, very competitive and smart. Plus she handles the ball well and will get more of a chance to do that her senior year with longtime Manasquan teammate and PG Stella Clark graduating. So, she could do what all Mabreys do at South Bend...be a fill-in PG in her spare time.
Thanks for the reply, I thought she would end up at ND, and I've seen her raked I think on prospect nation so it's not like she would be a bad pick up, it'll be interesting in seeing where she ends up.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Via Blue Star on recent Southwest Spring Classic:

Charli Collier – 2018 – 6-5 – Post – Cy-Fair EYBL
– Continues to advance her game…Quicker in her reads and attack…Becoming more and more -Fair Elite physical on both ends of the floor…First step off high post drive is long and explosive…Protects the ball on the jump hook and uses full extension…Still just scratching the surface

Christyn Williams – 2018 – 5-10 – Guard – Cy-Fair Elite EYBL – Elite guard…Plays with smooth athleticism…Can score off the drive or spotted up on the perimeter…Consistency and range are evolving…Handles contact on penetration…Plays with focus…Sky continues to be the limit

Second Annual Southwest Sports Alliance Spring Classic - Bluestar Media

Reaction Score

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Via Blue Star on recent Southwest Spring Classic:

Charli Collier – 2018 – 6-5 – Post – Cy-Fair EYBL
– Continues to advance her game…Quicker in her reads and attack…Becoming more and more -Fair Elite physical on both ends of the floor…First step off high post drive is long and explosive…Protects the ball on the jump hook and uses full extension…Still just scratching the surface

Christyn Williams – 2018 – 5-10 – Guard – Cy-Fair Elite EYBL – Elite guard…Plays with smooth athleticism…Can score off the drive or spotted up on the perimeter…Consistency and range are evolving…Handles contact on penetration…Plays with focus…Sky continues to be the limit

Second Annual Southwest Sports Alliance Spring Classic - Bluestar Media
I like that for a recruiting class, plus Olivia or NaLyssa.

Is Christyn shrinking? I thought she was 5'11".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom