2018 Charli Collier releases a Top 12 . . . | The Boneyard

2018 Charli Collier releases a Top 12 . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm really attempting not to be sacriligious but I can't help but request that the next time Charli communicates with God, family, friends and coaches they all try to be a bit more specific
Now we should really appreciate Stewie and Katie Lou's powerful and quick commitments.

Reaction Score
Just joining the voices of folks who try to balance appreciation for the seriousness of the enterprise of choosing a college (which EVERY student goes through, even us non-athletes) and a sense that posting the 12 finalists might be construed by some as flaunting how many schools are after her. From what I read, Charli is an exceptionally great kid, and I know she doesn't intend it that way, but....

Reaction Score
Says "in no particular order". Lists UConn first. Yup, no one will read anything into that...
Oh no, no, no. Don't you remember that we established beyond any measure of doubt with Megan Walker (we now call it the Walker Law of Semiotics) that the top college emblem on the tweet is the number one choice? We BYers are too clever to fall for the order of the written list. Texas is definitely her # 1 choice, Louisville #2, and UConn is actually pretty far down.

Reaction Score
Oh no, no, no. Don't you remember that we established beyond any measure of doubt with Megan Walker (we now call it the Walker Law of Semiotics) that the top college emblem on the tweet is the number one choice? We BYers are too clever to fall for the order of the written list. Texas is definitely her # 1 choice, Louisville #2, and UConn is actually pretty far down.

The funny thing is that in many cases the recruit asks a more tech savvy individual to design those announcements......I would bet there's a chance that the player has no say as to the location on the page of each school..............

Reaction Score
If you can call it "higher." Mont Belvieu is about 30 miles east of Houston.

Perhaps she is just trying to keep the locals happy..........seems like many recruits include their local university in their first list, only to be quickly discarded

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Perhaps she is just trying to keep the locals happy.....seems like many recruits include their local university in their first list, only to be quickly discarded

I'm sure that is the case. I cannot imagine a player of her level taking her talents to Houston. Miami, maybe, but not Houston.

Reaction Score
Why should Louisville not be listed?

Don't take it personally......it may be a mirage but it seems that JW hands offers out like they are grains of sand in the desert...........as a responsible Louisville fan please feel free to refute such outrageous claims........I would do it but my religion forbids me from researching other team's recruits on a sunny day of rest

Reaction Score
I noted this in another thread. Louisville, nor anyone else, is UConn. Aurieamma can select a short list and get almost what he wants each year. Notre Dame and a couple of others are close behind. Walz just recently started signing top talent by putting out a lot of offers. With six McD AAs, it is obviously working. He does NOT over recruit. He never has over the 15 on scholarship, requiring him to chase a scholarshipped player from the team as suggested elsewhere on Boneyard.

Reaction Score
I noted this in another thread. Louisville, nor anyone else, is UConn. Aurieamma can select a short list and get almost what he wants each year. Notre Dame and a couple of others are close behind. Walz just recently started signing top talent by putting out a lot of offers. With six McD AAs, it is obviously working. He does NOT over recruit. He never has over the 15 on scholarship, requiring him to chase a scholarshipped player from the team as suggested elsewhere on Boneyard.

I agree that he is an excellent recruiter..........it's not that he goes over the max with signings as we've seen with some other schools (cough, cough), it's just that he seems to be a bit extravagant with his offers..........but like you said, teams on the way up sometimes have to do that while the teams on top don't need to cast such a wide net......I would challenge your thought that UConn gets almost all the players it offers........we've seen some very talented players choose to stay in state or simply choose a different program over the past few years.......
especially post players.......................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom