2018 AAC MSOC Tourney | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2018 AAC MSOC Tourney

Reaction Score
Wouldn't surprise me at all if that decides it. Team is so uninspiring. AAC has done a nice job with the stream so far though. Happy about that

Can you piss on them again for good measure... #BYJinxAlive&Well ;)

Reaction Score
UConn's RPI is now at 23. I'd like to think that win puts the Huskies in the NCAA tourney.

Reaction Score
Connecticut College is hosting the first and second round of the D3 NCAA tournament this weekend. 6 NESCAC squads were invited, CC, Tufts and Amherst hosting.

I'll probably be at the Coast Guard @ Merchant Marine football game on Saturday unfortunately.

Reaction Score
Connecticut College is hosting the first and second round of the D3 NCAA tournament this weekend. 6 NESCAC squads were invited, CC, Tufts and Amherst hosting.
Unbelievable story out of the NESCAC this year. Colby was meh all year, needed to beat Bates on the last day of the regular season to make the conference tournament. Ended up winning, only to face #2 in the country Tufts at Tufts. Won on PKs behind a backup goalie who got cut in tryouts last season. Then beat Amherst at Amherst in the semis. Then beat Williams on PKs behind that same backup goalie to win the title. Turns out that goalie's entire family of 5 went to Colby, including his little brother who has MS and became team manager. Really nice story all around.

Reaction Score
UConn plays top seed Central Florida tonight in the semifinals tonight, same time as the men's basketball opener, so it will be another night of divided attention. This looks to be a tough game tonight. While the two teams played to a scoreless draw in their regular season meeting, it looked like to me that Central Florida was the better team at the time from the portion of the video feed that I saw. UCF's RPI of 13 supports that idea as well. While the UConn offense has been better this year than it has been in a while, it has been noted in these threads that UConn has not scored a goal against the top three RPI teams that they played this season, and that includes Central Florida.

Reaction Score
UConn plays top seed Central Florida tonight in the semifinals tonight, same time as the men's basketball opener, so it will be another night of divided attention. This looks to be a tough game tonight. While the two teams played to a scoreless draw in their regular season meeting, it looked like to me that Central Florida was the better team at the time from the portion of the video feed that I saw. UCF's RPI of 13 supports that idea as well. While the UConn offense has been better this year than it has been in a while, it has been noted in these threads that UConn has not scored a goal against the top three RPI teams that they played this season, and that includes Central Florida.

I'd agree with that assessment from the UCF game. It was tough to tell because Reid definitely had them holed up on the defensive end with Thiam alone up top trying to hold the ball on the counter. I think he did that because of the unusually warm weather that day. They opened up a little more in the second half and looked better than UCF at times although UCF definitely looks better in OT and Uconn out of gas.

Temple performance was really nice. Haven't seen Uconn play that open, quick, and creative in a while.

Reaction Score
Memphis up 1-0 over SMU at the half. Where was this Memphis team all season?

Reaction Score
GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL. UConn leads 1-0.

15 min to go in the first half.

Reaction Score
Burnett scores to give UConn a 1-0 lead with about 15 minutes to go in the first half.

Reaction Score
Thiam goal makes it 2-0 UConn at the end of the first half!!

Reaction Score
Central Florida picks up a goal early in the second half to make it 2-1.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom