2018 AAC MSOC Tourney | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2018 AAC MSOC Tourney

Reaction Score
I've got to agree with Scuba. Why would a fan root against their team making a post season tournament, regardless of how they got there? Odd comment from a Husky fan.

This program has bigger problems than whether HawkHusky wants them to miss the tournament.

Has everyone watched the final minute of Double OT yet?

If not you can here from 2:50:00 on it starts.

With :52 secs left a UConn defender needlessly undercuts a UCF player as we kicked the ball up field to UCF's side stopping the clock and allowing UCF to keep the ball on our side to give them another chance at our goal. And the worst, with 28 seconds left, #19 of UConn runs with ZERO body control and crashes into a UCF player who has the ball away from our goal dribbling at the sideline. This caused the ref to blow the whistle and STOP the clock giving UCF the free kick that won that game.

This is why HawkHusky is where he is. I don't hope they miss the tournament. But Ray Reid has created a DNA of doing the wrong thing at the wrong time which leads to horrible heartbreaking losses. It has been a terrible situation since 2007 when a little bit of snow on a field (Reid's excuse not mine) caused his best team to lose to a garbage VA Tech team with the College Cup on the line. That day changed the entire feel of the program and it has lasted to this day. The entire 2nd half and OT's we were just going through the motions as UCF controlled play. While we have sucked at PK's that was our only way we were gonna win after they tied it. The final minute should have been our guys defending, being smart, not stopping the clock, and just get to PK's. We did nothing of the sort.

Do you want to know why Stanford has won 3 titles in a row? They have the smartest players and are incredibly well coached. They would never do what we did in that final minute last night. Luck matters in soccer but so does coaching, strategy, style of play, and the type of kids you bring in. Ironically they are coached by the guy who coached Charlotte in 2011, another one of our epic gag jobs.

Reaction Score
I've got to agree with Scuba. Why would a fan root against their team making a post season tournament, regardless of how they got there? Odd comment from a Husky fan.

In hindsight, I should have said I hope Reid gets canned. Emotional moment. Frustrated with Reid, not the team. I do hope they make the tournament. I also pray that Reid gets fired.

Reaction Score
I watched back the last part of the 2nd half and OT's because UConn soccer has become my annual sadistic way to torture myself.

1. Yes they played on Tuesday. But they always run out of gas in the 2nd halves and OT's. They were dominated by UCF and were holding on for dear life. Either they don't recruit enough depth or are not as well conditioned but it seems it always happens which is why Reid hates playing 2 games in 3 days. Well Ray, do something about it.

They do run out of gas a lot and it is inexcusable at at a NCAA D1 level. Even humidty can be addressed now in Storrs by jacking the temp up at Burton for a few evening practices during the week. In HS, I led pre-season conditioning for my senior year and was determined not to lose a game because we got tied. Beat by a better team, back luck, OK, conditioning. no. Made the entire team run up and down Sleeping Giant State Park once. On the way down, I told them anyone I bypassed on the way down, that player, regardless of Grade, would do it again. I caught over half the team. I ran with those guys back up and down and beat all but two on the way back down. I did not force a 3rd lap; but, emphasized that this is HS soccer, not Middle School, not Rec, not Town Travel and this is what is expected. They got the point. Calhoun used to make the men's team run wind-sprints up and down Cemetery Hill. I was on a club team at UConn that used to run the full 4.5 campus loop with Horsebarn Hill followed by stadium-sets up every bloody section of Memorial Stadium in pre-season (the swim team used to also do stadium sets and make them run-up half-way, drip and do 50 crunches on the bleachers and then continue).

Last edited:

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
In hindsight, I should have said I hope Reid gets canned. Emotional moment. Frustrated with Reid, not the team. I do hope they make the tournament. I also pray that Reid gets fired.
Now that's something I can get behind. Unfortunately others have mentioned how much Reid has given for the new stadium and that it seems unlikely they would make a change prior to its opening.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
This is why HawkHusky is where he is. I don't hope they miss the tournament. But Ray Reid has created a DNA of doing the wrong thing at the wrong time which leads to horrible heartbreaking losses.
Not disagreeing with any of that. Was just questioning HH's comment during that emotional moment. You won't find me defending HCRR and agree with your analysis and HH's overall desire for Men's Soccer to make a change.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom