2018-2019 UConn MHOC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2018-2019 UConn MHOC

Reaction Score
We’re in the tourney as of today:
Coming in @ #15 in the Pairwise with a 45 PWR

I know it’s mostly due to Army playing #4 Union if I understand PWR correctly

Rankings
PWR is the kind of mathematical system that requires a large sample of data to get rid of statistical oddities, so it's not a useful stat until at least January 1.

Example: currently 1-3 Merrimack is ranked 22 in PWR, ahead of teams 23-30 who all have undefeated 2-0 records.

Reaction Score
PWR is the kind of mathematical system that requires a large sample of data to get rid of statistical oddities, so it's not a useful stat until at least January 1.

Example: currently 1-3 Merrimack is ranked 22 in PWR, ahead of teams 23-30 who all have undefeated 2-0 records.

I know. It was more of tounge in cheek / sarcastic post.

To your point, I usually never check this early either.

UConn is now 8th and QU is 13th
A win tonight on the road will help though

Reaction Score
^^^ Anyone know what the cost and or limit was for prior seasons?
Free is always good.

For the students @ the campus downtown. How are they supposed to get tickets? Those students alone could fill the student section.

I wonder how much promotion and marketing of the UConn teams are displayed @ the campus downtown.

Reaction Score
Jerry Trecker Willimantic Chronicle article on the men's ice hockey team.

theChronicle.com
A semi retired sportswriter who always delivers good insightful stuff. I remember calling him up in the early 1990's to talk hockey and about the chances of a building getting built and going D-1. Great writing soccer too.

Reaction Score
A semi retired sportswriter who always delivers good insightful stuff. I remember calling him up in the early 1990's to talk hockey and about the chances of a building getting built and going D-1. Great writing soccer too.

Yes, I certainly remember Jerry Trecker and his soccer and hockey stories in the Courant. These days, he seems to fill in the gaps guy on UConn sports with the Chronicle, where I've seen stories by him on UConn baseball and soccer as well.

Reaction Score
Still scratching my head how a 1-4-1 BU team can receive 17 votes vs UConn 4-3-1 receiving 3.

Reaction Score
The Athletic's Corey Pronman listed Kondelik as one of the 2018 draft's risers.

Since it's a pay-site, I don't want to copy and paste, but here's my paraphrasing using first-person narration:

I used to think Kondelik was too slow and not skilled enough, but his IQ has allowed him to become a well-rounded, multi-faceted center for UConn. He's one of the better freshmen in the country. His best asset is his ability to see the ice and read plays, plus he is a good two-way center and tough down low.

For those who belong to The Athletic, here's the link:

Pronman: Biggest risers from the 2018 NHL Draft

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom