2018-2019 UConn MHOC | The Boneyard

2018-2019 UConn MHOC

Reaction Score
Bonjour/Hearst: UConn men’s hockey aiming to take next step with help of freshmen

>>Cavanaugh said he has made a conscious effort in recent seasons to recruit older players, knowing that they’re likely to possess a more advanced skill set. It’s his way of speeding up the maturation process. Only one player in this year’s freshman class is 18; the rest are 19 or older.

“We lost nine seniors and we had two guys go pro. We lost 11 players,” Cavanaugh explained. “I think college hockey’s not anymore unique than college basketball. When you bring in a highly regarded freshman, they’re expected to contribute right away. I think it’s the same thing in hockey. It’s probably a little different in football and maybe even baseball to some point. I know football red-shirts a lot of kids, but that’s not the case in our sport.<<

Reaction Score
Listen to the The Rob Dibble Show Episode - Adam Giardino at Hockey East Media Day on iHeartRadio | iHeartRadio

@brasssbonanzaa listen closely to the opening..Adam indicates that there were 12 schools at media day (11 HE schools plus Holy Cross)...and said that HC will be the 12th team in HE. You hearing anything on this from your BU circles?
Nope, haven't heard anything new. HC's womens team is in Hockey East so that may well explain the inclusion of them at media day. The last info I had was that most in HE look at Holy Cross as a last resort option. I think they're going to see how the new tournament structure of eliminating the bottom three works this year, how the total conference game format that started last year progresses, then make a decision from there. Holy Cross is not nearly an attractive enough option to make a rushed decision. I suspect they'd also kick the tires on QU again before settling on HC.

Reaction Score
I'm up in the air right now regarding plans for opening day of early duck season Sat morning. If they don't pan out I'm gonna take the 1 hr ride with my wife to West point and watch the game.

Reaction Score
I'm up in the air right now regarding plans for opening day of early duck season Sat morning. If they don't pan out I'm gonna take the 1 hr ride with my wife to West point and watch the game.

Leave the damn ducks alone you neanderthal! They know it’s opening day of hunting season and are making appropriate evasive plans.

Reaction Score
College hockey preview: Top NHL prospects, Frozen Four picks

Ruslan Iskhakov is one of ESPN’s top freshmen to watch for the upcoming season.

One of the more intriguing freshman additions in the country is Iskhakov, a surprise commit late last spring. It is extremely rare for a Russian to make the leap directly from Russia's top junior league, the KHL-affiliated MHL, to college hockey, especially one who is a relatively high-profile prospect. UConn has been friendly to import players with six Europeans on the roster this season. The Russian stands at just 5-foot-7 but darts around the ice with dynamic elements in his game. He had 30 points in just 33 games for Krasnaya Armiya Moskva. His 0.91 points per game was the second-best scoring rate among U18 players in the league.

Reaction Score
We’re in the tourney as of today:
Coming in @ #15 in the Pairwise with a 45 PWR

I know it’s mostly due to Army playing #4 Union if I understand PWR correctly

Rankings

Reaction Score
We’re in the tourney as of today:
Coming in @ #15 in the Pairwise with a 45 PWR

I know it’s mostly due to Army playing #4 Union if I understand PWR correctly

Rankings
Pairwise is pretty worthless in college hockey until everyone has a blemish (at least a tie). With the ivies not starting hockey for another two weeks you won't have good data until at least the second week in November.

Reaction Score
UConn Hockey Freshmen Expected To Step Up Early And Often
Cav quote from the article...IMHO he made this comment speaking from experience
"He added, “He’s got to be very good. I think we’ve got good goaltending, I really do. But a team that just relies on goaltenders to win games, isn’t going to go very far.”

Cav should have added the word “one” goaltender to win games, isn’t going to go very far

I think we’ll lots of Vomacka between the pipes.

I hope cav has learned to have a short leash with huska especially if he’s having an off night. Both need action all season for UConn to go farther than last year

I think most here know my opinion on huska, and I really do hope he has a great season.

Pumped for tonight.

Reaction Score
Cav should have added the word “one” goaltender to win games, isn’t going to go very far

I think we’ll lots of Vomacka between the pipes.

I hope cav has learned to have a short leash with huska especially if he’s having an off night. Both need action all season for UConn to go farther than last year

I think most here know my opinion on huska, and I really do hope he has a great season.

Pumped for tonight.
I actually posted that quote referring to how he leaned on Rob Nichols their first year in HE. They won any HE games that year because of him nothing more nothing less.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom