2018/2019 Season Opener: UConn @ Army (10/12/18 @ 7:05p) | The Boneyard

2018/2019 Season Opener: UConn @ Army (10/12/18 @ 7:05p)

Reaction Score
1st Uconn goal Goal by El-Mir and assist by NewPower

Tied 1-1

Reaction Score
OMG!!!! Iskhakov with already a candidate for goal of the year.

4-1 UConn

Reaction Score
Iskhakov is the real deal. Major talent. Arguably further along than Letunov and Thompson were as freshmen.

Kondelik had a really nice game.

Penalty kill was not great. Defensive zone play seems was lacking

Reaction Score
Considering the amount of trouble Atlantic Hockey teams have given UConn since the Huskies move to Hockey East, this game went rather well.
Exactly, a game they shoulda won and they did. Full stop. Will be even more happy if the result is the same against Sacred Heart.

Over the decades I have ground some enamel off my lower teeth in frustration after games against Army, Sacred Heart, AIC and Holy Cross. It would be nice if those outcomes became more a thing of the past. Hope UConn keeps them on the schedule though.

Reaction Score
I was at game last night. I thought first period the guys showed some nerves and did not play particularly well. By the third they were a different team. They switched up and pressured the outlet passes in the Army zone creating many turnovers and chances. Good win considering our history.

Newcomers looked good. Ishacov was electic with the puck. He seems to have a scorers mentality which I never thought Letuniv did. In third period he rang a wrister off the pipe that I don’t think the goalie ever saw on a seemingly benign 2-2 chance. Army started giving him space out of fear and he knew what to do. Kondelich also showed well.

Reaction Score
What a goal by Isk! What a coup to get this guy so late in the offseason.

I'll be at the game on Tuesday, hopefully I can get there in time after leaving work in Greenwich at 5 . It'll be my first time attending a game as a visiting fan. Opinions on being decked out in UConn gear while going solo to the game...any issues?

Reaction Score
It'll be my first time attending a game as a visiting fan. Opinions on being decked out in UConn gear while going solo to the game...any issues?

You’ll be fine. I’ve been to probably 20 away games by myself with my home white UConn jersey and have had absolutely no issues.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Tailgating is allowed in the parking lot, which is preferred over the garage, a cluster to got out of. Not a bad seat in the house, plus a Chik-Fil-A concession in the arena. After the game, stay in the far right lane down the hill for a quick exit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom