2018-2019 OOC Schedule | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2018-2019 OOC Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nope. Over 9,000 in the seats for a basketball game - November 17th, 2015 at Gampel Pavilion
That was less than Maine... Game #2 in a season where youre ranked in the top 25 is going to be basically sold out regardless of the competition

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Why don't we play the likes of Quinnipiac, Fairfield etc. for cupcake games? At least you get their fans as well to come to the game. If attendence is an issue, this would make sense.
I have this feeling that attendance won't be a problem.

Reaction Score
So between XL and Gampel there are 19 home games according to the season ticket purchase page. What we know is:

2 exhibitions (Assumed)
9 AAC
Arizona
Morehead State
UMKC

That leave an additional 5 home OOC games. The total amount of games will be 30 or 32 if you count the exhibitions unless there is an unannounced OOC road game

Reaction Score
The consumer has changed in the last 20-30 years. There are more choices for the entertainment dollar and HD TV and no longer $10’s for good ticket.
Not from the box office, but on the secondary market lower levels at XL can be had for 20 for many of the early season games. This includes uconn dumping their own tickets on stubhub.

Reaction Score
That was less than Maine... Game #2 in a season where youre ranked in the top 25 is going to be basically sold out regardless of the competition

Next game against Furman drew only 8,190. And that was on a Saturday. :confused:

Reaction Score
Semi-related but Luol Deng signed a 4 year $72 million deal with the Lakers.... less than 2 years ago. An all time cash grab.

So between XL and Gampel there are 19 home games according to the season ticket purchase page. What we know is:

2 exhibitions (Assumed)
9 AAC
Arizona
Morehead State
UMKC

That leave an additional 5 home OOC games. The total amount of games will be 30 or 32 if you count the exhibitions unless there is an unannounced OOC road game

Aren't we supposed to be seeing a big increase in games against Big East schools? A nice rotation of home and homes with Big East teams would fill the schedule in nicely. Beyond that, I want to see more Dayton, URI, UMass type games and virtually no Coppin, CCSU or Quinnipiac type games. Yes, they can be good to build confidence and so on but we just dont have the conference schedule to make up for a garbage game. I'd rather lose to a Dayton 1 out of 3 years due to youth or bad chemistry than beat CCSU 3 years in a row. I know we'll still have tune up games, but they need to be right at the beginning of the season and kept to an absolute minimum. Ticket sales and entertainment value are critical right now. Morehead and UMKC? Could there be less interesting schools to play? I can't think of any.

Reaction Score
Aren't we supposed to be seeing a big increase in games against Big East schools? A nice rotation of home and homes with Big East teams would fill the schedule in nicely. Beyond that, I want to see more Dayton, URI, UMass type games and virtually no Coppin, CCSU or Quinnipiac type games. Yes, they can be good to build confidence and so on but we just dont have the conference schedule to make up for a garbage game. I'd rather lose to a Dayton 1 out of 3 years due to youth or bad chemistry than beat CCSU 3 years in a row. I know we'll still have tune up games, but they need to be right at the beginning of the season and kept to an absolute minimum. Ticket sales and entertainment value are critical right now. Morehead and UMKC? Could there be less interesting schools to play? I can't think of any.
I thought Morehead and UMKC were part of the 2K Classic campus site games so we cant do anything about that. But, since its been a while since we had a team that played at a high level, I think if we get back to being a top 25 team and a fun team to watch, the fans will absolutely come back even for the Tuesday night games vs Maine, New Hampshire, CCSU, etc. If we add more Big East teams to the schedule, attendance for those games will be huge. The fans love and miss the Big East...thats just a fact.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Next game against Furman drew only 8,190. And that was on a Saturday. :confused:

The Furman game had to be moved up to an 11 a.m. tipoff because we played Houston at home in football later that same afternoon. It was tough if you wanted to attend both games. We did it, but it affected the crowd size at the BB game. Houston was undefeated going into that game. We handed them their only loss of that season.

Reaction Score
Sounds about in line with what those fans say about Uconn these days. It’s a what have you done for me lately sport.

That’s fine. They are entitled to their opinion. UMass hasn’t done anything since Calipari and Camby. URI hasn’t really done anything since Odom and Wheeler. I wasn’t born in the Yankee Conference days so these programs really mean nothing to me.

Reaction Score
That’s fine. They are entitled to their opinion. UMass hasn’t done anything since Calipari and Camby. URI hasn’t really done anything since Odom and Wheeler. I wasn’t born in the Yankee Conference days so these programs really mean nothing to me.
we just hired URI’s head coach because of his successes at URI ...?

Reaction Score
we just hired URI’s head coach because of his successes at URI ...?

I knew that wouldn’t go over well. I’m just talking about the program in general, they missed the tournament for 18 straight years. This wasn’t a knock on Hurley.

C

Chief00

Aren't we supposed to be seeing a big increase in games against Big East schools? A nice rotation of home and homes with Big East teams would fill the schedule in nicely. I know we'll still have tune up games, but they need to be right at the beginning of the season and kept to an absolute minimum. Ticket sales and entertainment value are critical right now. Morehead and UMKC? Could there be less interesting schools to play? I can't think of any.
I think it will change but right now we have zero home “Old” Big East games. So if that’s our new strategy we have failed to implement it.

Reaction Score
The Furman game had to be moved up to an 11 a.m. tipoff because we played Houston at home in football later that same afternoon. It was tough if you wanted to attend both games. We did it, but it affected the crowd size at the BB game. Houston was undefeated going into that game. We handed them their only loss of that season.

While I have great respect for the UConn football program, that view is not shared by many of your fans. That's why they could only fill the stadium to 71% capacity for an undefeated Houston team. Your students rarely venture over to Hartford for sporting events, which is why I'm led to believe your fans simply did not respect Furman like they respected the Wildcats. Nothing wrong with that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom