2017 UConn JUCO Commit - Eli Thomas (Elmira New York) (Edited from 2018 to late 2017 enrollee) | The Boneyard

2017 UConn JUCO Commit - Eli Thomas (Elmira New York) (Edited from 2018 to late 2017 enrollee)

Reaction Score
Richie Schnyderite‏ @RichieSRivals 4m 4 minutes ago
#UConn has landed a commitment from a JUCO LB

Eli Thomas is a 6-2 220lb LB/Safety from Elmira New York attending Lackawanna College (Dec Grad) Scranton PA. Other offers from CCSU, Sacred Heart and Wagner. He was just up to UConn this past weekend. He will enroll in January and have two years of eligibility left.

Freshman Year @ Lackawanna Film

Interesting that in an article earlier this week by Richie S - Thomas said "I’m not going to commit anywhere until after the season. I’m looking for a competitive school, and one that is eager to win. I also want to be a part of a program that prepares you for the next level as well as life after football,”<<

Mind changed...

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

Eli Thomas is a 6-2 220lb LB/Safety from Elmira New York attending Lackawanna College (Dec Grad) Scranton PA. Other offers from CCSU, Sacred Heart and Wagner.

Welcome to Storrs, Eli.

He brings speed which tells me that this defense is going to be like the old West Virginia defense of 2010

Reaction Score

Eli Thomas is a 6-2 220lb LB/Safety from Elmira New York attending Lackawanna College (Dec Grad) Scranton PA. Other offers from CCSU, Sacred Heart and Wagner. He was just up to UConn this past weekend. He will enroll in January and have two years of eligibility left.

Interesting that in an article earlier this week by Richie S - Thomas said "I’m not going to commit anywhere until after the season. I’m looking for a competitive school, and one that is eager to win. I also want to be a part of a program that prepares you for the next level as well as life after football,”<<

Mind changed...

I'm thinking he was told the clock was ticking and that there were not many spots left.

Smart to grab a spot while he could.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking he was told the clock was ticking and that there were not many spots left.

Smart to grab a spot while he could.
We have to start slowing down, right? I'd imagine they've got at least a couple scholarships on hold for big targets.

Reaction Score
Moves like a safety, hits like a defensive end. This might be my favorite pickup so far. Our linebackers are going to be FIERCE.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
I think this kids got ILB written all over him, great quickness but not top end speed, hits like a hammer but can cover if need be. has a bit of an edge/ mean steak too. reminds me a lot of lutrus

Reaction Score
Great tape on this kid.
He is a pit bull
High end motor
Relentless pursuit of the ball with little regard for his body
Plays fast with urgency
Changes direction and speed very well
Elusive, hard to square up and block while pursuing the ball

Very good get.

Reaction Score
I watched the first video (where he's playing ILB), The kid is impressive. Great motor, wraps up, plays downhill. But as I watched, I'm thinking god this kid is quick. He'd be a great OLB in the 3-3-5. He already plays the run well and can drop into coverage. I'd love to see if he can rush off the edge. Then, I watch the second video and....there he is coming off the edge. I love this kid!!! Welcome to the pound Eli!!!

Reaction Score
If he enrolls in January, doesn't he officially count as #23 or so in the '17 class? That's almost a full class, which is amazing given where they started.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I like the JC route too. The Deacon Jones comparison cracked me up
Moves like a safety, hits like a defensive end. This might be my favorite pickup so far. Our linebackers are going to be FIERCE.
I watched the first video (where he's playing ILB), The kid is impressive. Great motor, wraps up, plays downhill. But as I watched, I'm thinking god this kid is quick. He'd be a great OLB in the 3-3-5. He already plays the run well and can drop into coverage. I'd love to see if he can rush off the edge. Then, I watch the second video and....there he is coming off the edge. I love this kid!!! Welcome to the pound Eli!!!
Great tape on this kid.
He is a pit bull
High end motor
Relentless pursuit of the ball with little regard for his body
Plays fast with urgency
Changes direction and speed very well
Elusive, hard to square up and block while pursuing the ball

Very good get.

It's unanimous. All the adjectives used to describe Deacon apply to Thomas. Except Thomas is faster.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom