2017 UConn Commit- TJ Gardner (Windsor CT) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2017 UConn Commit- TJ Gardner (Windsor CT)

Reaction Score
Yes, but he threw that comment in at the end. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed pretty clear that once Edsall and his staff were hired, the kid (or his family/coach) reached out to UConn. He said that TJ always saw UConn as a place were he would fit in. The mom had never even been to campus before. How does a BC commit, with former teammates on the team, not even get invited for an unofficial visit with his mom to a school 30 minutes away?

Reaction Score
Yes, but he threw that comment in at the end. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed pretty clear that once Edsall and his staff were hired, the kid (or his family/coach) reached out to UConn. He said that TJ always saw UConn as a place were he would fit in. The mom had never even been to campus before. How does a BC commit, with former teammates on the team, not even get invited for an unofficial visit with his mom to a school 30 minutes away?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing against your point or defending Diaco - just pointing out the Uyi connection as well.

His only offers were BC and Maine. I'm thinking there are going to be more than a few schools that regret that miss.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Diaco saw TJ as too fast, too athletic and therefore, not the RKG he wanted chasing down speedy offensive players from behind.

Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing against your point or defending Diaco - just pointing out the Uyi connection as well.

His only offers were BC and Maine. I'm thinking there are going to be more than a few schools that regret that miss.
I know. IJS, the Tyler Coyle connection was there too.

And I'm not even saying he should have been a priority, just criticizing the fact we showed no interest in him. Makes me wonder if they even tried to recruit Pinnock (I know we offered, but did we reallly recruit him, or just toss an offer out there).

Reaction Score
So Pitt was on him heavy according to Pinnock, makes this steal even better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom