2017 UConn Commit #7 - Jake Byczko (Auburn MA) - Decommited | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2017 UConn Commit #7 - Jake Byczko (Auburn MA) - Decommited

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What does this mean? I'm not following

Tom has declared the end of the uber threads. Note all the closed threads on the football front page.

Going forward new news = new thread.

I see why it makes sense on the basketball
board but it doesn't make sense to me here but tmmv.

Reaction Score
Tom has declared the end of the uber threads. Note all the closed threads on the football front page.

The basketball threads devolve into nothingness. The ones here typically just die

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The basketball threads devolve into nothingness. The ones here typically just die

Right the updated threads here make it a lot easier to keep track.

Reaction Score

Not my board but that's a bit over the top. I can see when bumping threads is just to irritate or take a victory lap but these are on-going.

Reaction Score
Not my board but that's a bit over the top. I can see when bumping threads is just to irritate or take a victory lap but these are on-going.
I completely see where he's coming from on the bball side. 90% of recruiting threads have a page or two about the recruit and then 10 pages about why Brimah sucks. We also don't have any "insiders" over here, so there's much less speculation going on during the threads

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
One/Two page threads get locked??

I tried to reply to a fun comment on another thread and found that I couldn't reply. My first reaction was, "Have I been HFD'd?!?" :confused:

Reaction Score
The thread about Williams & Anderson playing in Daytona was locked as well. What's going on?

Reaction Score
Someone ruined the board. I don't want to name names... so lets call him Simmy Jerrano

The Hubbard thread just got locked too, which is absurd.

Reaction Score
Rather Dickensian ... "I would like to thank ... the 'old staff' at Connecticut for the opportunity of playing at their school. As of today, I am reopening my recruitment."

It could be both Ryan and Jake simply opted to consider other opportunities, didn't feel quite the same chemistry with UConn's dramatically enhanced coaching staff, and yet their respective tweets' share very similar lingo. On appearences alone, targeted recruiting may be in the process of racheting up from the CAA (current Yankee) or Ivy League level to better compete in the BCS. With only positive thoughts for all involved, may both young guys achieve great success in their future.

Reaction Score
Rather Dickensian ... "I would like to thank ... the 'old staff' at Connecticut for the opportunity of playing at their school. As of today, I am reopening my recruitment."

It could be both Ryan and Jake simply opted to consider other opportunities, didn't feel quite the same chemistry with UConn's dramatically enhanced coaching staff, and yet their respective tweets' share very similar lingo. On appearences alone, targeted recruiting may be in the process of racheting up from the CAA (current Yankee) or Ivy League level to better compete in the BCS. With only positive thoughts for all involved, may both young guys achieve great success in their future.
They will be kicking themselves in 2 years. See ya, wouldn't want to be ya.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It is an interesting twist that Byczko was visited by the new staff just a couple days ago. I can only guess what came out of that meeting is something like 'we are honored by your decision to commit to UConn, but please understand that our pending new coaching staff is still in the process of evaluating the commits and how they fit into the schemes and we may be informing in the coming days that you may no longer be an optimal fit.' Just my guess for now.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It is an interesting twist that Byczko was visited by the new staff just a couple days ago. I can only guess what came out of that meeting is something like 'we are honored by your decision to commit to UConn, but please understand that our pending new coaching staff is still in the process of evaluating the commits and how they fit into the schemes and we may be informing in the coming days that you may no longer be an optimal fit.' Just my guess for now.

Or more likely.... We wish you the best of luck but if you want to play football at UConn you are walking on.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Or more likely.... We wish you the best of luck but if you want to play football at UConn you are walking on.
Possibly. Interesting that they would choose to message that in person and that Byczko would describe it as a good meeting.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
my two cents: I'd rather see the original thread bumped than have to go look for it. How we felt when they committed is relevant to how we feel about decommits.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Possibly. Interesting that they would choose to message that in person and that Byczko would describe it as a good meeting.

Well unless you think players who had offers no where as good as UConn want to go back into free agency at the last second....

And sure one can claim Baylor is a better offer. They had one verbal a few weeks ago for a reason

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Well unless you think players who had offers no where as good as UConn want to go back into free agency at the last second....

And sure one can claim Baylor is a better offer. They had one verbal a few weeks ago for a reason

I'm not doubting that UConn pulled his ticket...same with Dickens and Cummins. In this particular case, I do find it interesting they would bother to communicate that in person rather than just give a call. I'd rather be visiting the guys I want rather than visiting the guys that no longer fit.

And the guys they are shedding, well, I can see why, not enough speed or explosiveness.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm not doubting that UConn pulled his ticket...same with Dickens and Cummins. In this particular case, I do find it interesting they would bother to communicate that in person.

And the guys they are shedding, well, I can see why, not enough speed or explosiveness.

Well I think doing it in person is the right way to do it and making a few calls to help them land in the CAA helps soothe the relationships with the staffs.

Reaction Score
I'm not doubting that UConn pulled his ticket...same with Dickens and Cummins. In this particular case, I do find it interesting they would bother to communicate that in person rather than just give a call. I'd rather be visiting the guys I want rather than visiting the guys that no longer fit.

Think you are wrong on Cummins - I think he was/is hedging his bet. He's supposedly taking an in-home visit from UConn this week (and he has good speed for size/position).

From unlinkable article titled Cummins seeing his recruitment skyrocket: >>Houston, UCF, UConn, Texas, Baylor and TCU are all expected to make in-home visits with Cummins this week. Oklahoma is visiting All Saints on Wednesday. It’s a possibility he moves his official visit to Baylor to this weekend instead of visiting Texas.<<

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Think you are wrong on Cummins - I think he was hedging his bet. He's supposedly taking an in-home visit from UConn this week. (and he has good speed for size/position).

Well, yes Cummins is a notch above Dickens in Byczko, maybe 2 full notches above the other two. Is the in home visit still happening? I was not aware. I would like to have him, but only if the new staff wants him. I trust in the new staff much more than the old staff (who never brought in an impact player).

Sidebar, there are a few other kids that I could see departing, but I'm not going to guess, just wait and see what happens. So far the first two have not been a big surprise, especially if you took the time to watch some HUDL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul