2017 Road Game Plans- UVA (Saturday Sept 16 12:00 Kickoff) | The Boneyard

2017 Road Game Plans- UVA (Saturday Sept 16 12:00 Kickoff)

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Anyone planning on attending this? The DC Alumni chapter is planning on holding a big pregame tailgate for Husky fans. Hoping we can get a good showing to this.

There is also availability on affordable flights to Charlottesville to go for the weekend now:

JFK-CHO: $513
LGA-CHO: $271
EWR-CHO: $523
BDL-CHO: $310
HVN-CHO:$289
BOS-CHO: $287
PVD-CHO:$341

It's also only a 7 hour drive from Stamford area to Charlottesville.

I'm driving up from Charlotte on Friday the 15th after work and staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Charlottesville North. Rates start at $170 a night.

Reaction Score
Anyone planning on attending this? The DC Alumni chapter is planning on holding a big pregame tailgate for Husky fans. Hoping we can get a good showing to this.

There is also availability on affordable flights to Charlottesville to go for the weekend now:

I'm driving up from Charlotte on Friday the 15th after work and staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Charlottesville North. Rates start at $170 a night.

I'm planning on going to this and I'm also a member of the dc alumni chapter but I haven't heard anything about a tailgate, do you have a link?

Also, for anyone flying in, I highly recommend flying to DC then just driving the UVA.

Drew

Reaction Score
I'm planning on going to this and I'm also a member of the dc alumni chapter but I haven't heard anything about a tailgate, do you have a link?

Also, for anyone flying in, I highly recommend flying to DC then just driving the UVA.
It hasn't been formally announced yet, but I'm on the Charlotte Alumni Association Committee and during our call last week it was stated they'll be doing their "Welcome to the neighborhood event" for the game. The CLT chapter is going to try to pair with them.

Reaction Score

I'll be there. Staying in Double Tree. Thanms for the info. Coming down from the DMV. Hope to see you there.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I am driving down, staying at the Hampton Inn downtown from Thurs-Sun. Looking forward to this.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

That's what I did for the 2007 game at Charlottesville. Easy drive from Dulles, and you'll have the added benefit of a few winerys/distilleries along US Rte. 29 from NoVA to Charlottesville, if you have time for a diversion.

Reaction Score
Hartford to Baltimore . Driving to game. Flying home that night.

Pissed I paid 89 each way and 3 days later it was 49 each way. Used SW pts, so only $11 for the fees, but kinda bummed I could have gotten the flight for 4.5k pts vs using 9k pts

Drew

Reaction Score
Here is the event page for the UVA game Alumni Association event. It's no longer DC's "welcome to the neighborhood" but still should be a great time:

UVA vs. UConn Football: Pregame and Game Tickets

Looking forward to meeting some of you there
Wanted to let everyone know, even if you are not a UConn alumnus you are more than welcome to sign up for the pregame event with the rest of the UConn fans that will be there. Definitely suggest doing this as its cheaper than setting up your own tailgate and you'll be immersed with UConn fans!

Reaction Score
Richmond (RIC) to Charlottesville is about an hour. Another flight option. ATL > RIC was 230.

Reaction Score
Hartford to Baltimore . Driving to game. Flying home that night.

Pissed I paid 89 each way and 3 days later it was 49 each way. Used SW pts, so only $11 for the fees, but kinda bummed I could have gotten the flight for 4.5k pts vs using 9k pts

Pretty sure if you call SW they honor the newer, cheaper fare.

Reaction Score
I will be going as well, helps that its only a 2.5 hr drive and I have free lodging from a friend in CVille. I want to buy tickets through UConn, but at the $28 price point it seems like thats in the upper parts of the stadium, where have people gotten tickets?

Reaction Score
The season ticket poll got me thinking; what kind of numbers do you thing we bring to this game?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom