2017 Rematch vs. Cuse | The Boneyard

2017 Rematch vs. Cuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Looks like I'll need to get this on my vacation calendar. Love that I'll be able to see the Huskies and Zags in both Portland and NYC next year now.

Reaction Score
Why the early game? I prefer the 9 pm late game easier getting to game on time and if they are the early game you are staying for the late game anyway
It sucks getting home late to CT. Last year I got home from the Jimmy V at 3am

Reaction Score
Why the early game? I prefer the 9 pm late game easier getting to game on time and if they are the early game you are staying for the late game anyway

The late game against Maryland saved me last year as my flight was delayed and I missed the first half of the early game.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Two years in a row at MSG against Syracuse. Sounds good.

I wish they would just schedule the "Gavitt Cup" as a yearly event at MSG and have it be the Beanpot of college basketball. UConn, Syracuse, Georgetown, and Villanova in a 4-team tournament on Thanksgiving weekend every year (rotating first round opponents). It would be like recreating a mini Big East Tournament environment (which was the best college basketball event in the world).

Why has this not happened already?

Reaction Score

I wish they would just schedule the "Gavitt Cup" as a yearly event at MSG and have it be the Beanpot of college basketball. UConn, Syracuse, Georgetown, and Villanova in a 4-team tournament on Thanksgiving weekend every year (rotating first round opponents). It would be like recreating a mini Big East Tournament environment (which was the best college basketball event in the world).

I imagine St. John's and Pitt among others would be upset. Oh well.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised they aren't doing there own event. They aren't having any problems selling tickets for this year.

Reaction Score

Sounds like a great idea, but can't have two conference opponents play each other in a Thanksgiving tournament. Thats why there are two separate sides to the PK Invitational bracket.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Sounds like a great idea, but can't have two conference opponents play each other in a Thanksgiving tournament. Thats why there are two separate sides to the PK Invitational bracket.

Plus it would be a bad idea to tie up Thanksgiving weekend every year playing the same 4 teams. You couldn't ever sign up for Maui or Atlantis again to have shots at top 10 teams from other conferences, which we'll be needing as long as we're in the AAC...

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
Plus it would be a bad idea to tie up Thanksgiving weekend every year playing the same 4 teams. You couldn't ever sign up for Maui or Atlantis again to have shots at top 10 teams from other conferences, which we'll be needing as long as we're in the AAC...

Change the date then. The date is not important.

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score

Either have their opening round matchup be a conference game. Or, more likely (since they probably won't want to give up a home conference game), you would have to replace Villanova with either Rutgers or West Virginia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom