2017 Recruiting Thread | Page 57 | The Boneyard

2017 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Chris Elmore - DT from IL - same school as Skanes - has committed to Syracuse this weekend while on his visit.
Its also been reported that Blackshear to an official to Michigan State this weekend...crap.

That probably means Blackshear is getting an offer. I believe they previously offered him a walk-on spot but I could be wrong

Reaction Score
but will they hold him? JH/DB went to see his HS basketball game today.

Carl Setterlund ‏@CarlSetterlund 18m 18 minutes ago
I'm told Grafton's Ifeatu Melifonwu will visit Michigan next week. No offer but promising sign Coach Jim Harbaugh came to see him in person.

Carl Setterlund ‏@CarlSetterlund 6m6 minutes ago
Michigan defensive coordinator Don Brown is a Central Mass. native who recruited Ifeatu Melifonwu's older brother, Obi, to play at UConn.

Football: Ifeatu Melifonwu to visit Michigan Tuesday after coach Jim Harbaugh takes in Grafton hoop game

Reaction Score
Kid better jump on board quick if UM offers a scholarship. With 27 commits their class is filling up. Harbaugh will only be able to take 15-20 more kids max.
Where's Finebaum's now? What an injustice to these kids.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Would you say the same thing had he committed to the Huskies?

Sure, why not? It's an observation. OTOH, had he committed to UConn, it would be said with a degree of worry. As is, I couldn't care less what type of effort he gives the Orange, so long as UConn beats them.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Does anyone know how many scholarships we have left now?

Reaction Score

Love it. I would take every kid with a Navy offer to be honest. High character, under recruited kids that a top 25 team wants. If I was a recruiter I would just hawk their offer list and find the kids that aren't too jazzed on also committing to the armed forces. Excited to see what Hopkins can do at RB next year, he had a Navy offer among others.

Sorry for the tangent, congrats Garrison! Hopefully the first commit of many in the Edsall part 2 era that we are thrilled to have!

Reaction Score
Love it. I would take every kid with a Navy offer to be honest. High character, under recruited kids that a top 25 team wants. If I was a recruiter I would just hawk their offer list and find the kids that aren't too jazzed on also committing to the armed forces. Excited to see what Hopkins can do at RB next year, he had a Navy offer among others.

Sorry for the tangent, congrats Garrison! Hopefully the first commit of many in the Edsall part 2 era that we are thrilled to have!
eh the academies don't have a scholarship limit so they throw out offers like they're candy.

Reaction Score
eh the academies don't have a scholarship limit so they throw out offers like they're candy.

Did not know that. Well it can still be used as a character test, and hopefully we have the guys on staff now to evaluate the talent aspect.

Reaction Score
We are in the WEIRD season.

We are a FBS AAC program with 10 scholarships to fill for August ... and lots of opportunities. New coaching staff: some with JuCo experience. I expect the Maryland idea has merit. But also lots of connectivity across the northeast and the 9 incoming coaches. We will find oddball entrants to our roster like no other year since 1998.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Does anyone have thoughts or impressions on the two verbals we just received?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom