2017 Recruiting Thread | Page 51 | The Boneyard

2017 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Not sure... he was initially offered back in 2015. Some sites have him holding an offer and other sites don't.

It appears that ESPN and Rivals have him w/ an offer and 247 and Scout don't.

Did some sniffing and found this from a few days ago: "South Carolina has moved on from three-star defensive tackle Romello Martin for academic reasons." -- needs to retake SATs.

Let's be honest here Scout has done a lousy job following up on any UConn recruits and why I don't visit there any longer

Reaction Score
This weekend will tell a lot. Hope we see 5 commits at least. With only 2 recruit weekends left this should happen right away.
Anyone in mind? Jordan Scott? Raheem Blackshear?

Reaction Score
Let's be honest here Scout has done a lousy job following up on any UConn recruits and why I don't visit there any longer

No argument = that's why I cross reference between sites before posting most offers. Sad thing is that Scout feeds ESPN alot of the time.

Reaction Score

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Kid reminds of Donald Brown the way he runs the ball.
And the kid can catch, several nice receptions in screen plays, dump offs and some sort of hybrid wr/rb plays. Good size/weight for FBS. I hope he comes along.

Looks like the new staff maybe pivoting on RB recruiting is we probably aren't taking 4 RBs.

Reaction Score
Seth Stringer ‏@SethSnwfdn 18m 18 minutes ago
Our 2015 Player of the Year, Niceville running back @deontesheff9, was offered by @UConnFootball tonight. About time. #nwfvarsity

Odell Sheffield Jr. ‏@deontesheff9 14 Apr 2016
IDC I am one of the top running backs/Ath in class 2017 in the nation and that's just real... " Rankings and Stars mean nothing to ME"
1f4af.png
1f481.png

BRING THAT SWAG TO CT!

Reaction Score
Deonte Sheffield is a 5-10 198lb RB from Niceville High School in Niceville Florida. Other offers from Georgia Southern, Jasksonville State, McNeese State, South Alabama, Samford, Troy and Southern Miss.

Senior Year - Deonte' Sheffield highlights

In Terry Richardson we trust

Looks like it was actually a Lashlee offer, he was lightly recruiting him at Auburn it looks like. I am sure he also showed Richardson his game film. If Rhett thought he was good enough to pay attention to at Auburn and Richardson likes him, then sign me up.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

Looks like it was actually a Lashlee offer, he was lightly recruiting him at Auburn it looks like. I am sure he also showed Richardson his game film. If Rhett thought he was good enough to pay attention to at Auburn and Richardson likes him, then sign me up.

Seems like Crabtree knows what he's talking about

FillTheRent

College football lives in Connecticut
Reaction Score
Deonte Sheffield is a 5-10 198lb RB from Niceville High School in Niceville Florida. Other offers from Georgia Southern, Jasksonville State, McNeese State, South Alabama, Samford, Troy and Southern Miss.

Senior Year - Deonte' Sheffield highlights

In Terry Richardson we trust
Ha. I recognized his high school field from his highlight film. Flew into Destin-Fort Walton Beach airport back in September and passed by his high school field a couple times. Nice Chick-fil-A down the street.

Reaction Score
State Championship@Alex_ballhard_ 8 hours ago · Florida
Very Blessed to Receive My 12th Offer From UCONN #Huskies

Alex Wilcox is a 6-0 285 lb DT from University Christian School in Jacksonville, Florida. 247 profile shows him as a Wofford commit in August. Others offers from Ball State, Buffalo, North Texas, Southern Miss, UTEP, Florida A&M, , Presbyterian, Shaw University, Tusculum and Robert Morris.
Senior Season Highlights

He decommitted from Wofford back in mid December. Recently took OV to Tennessee Tech. Not sure where his offer stands.

Reaction Score
Rhett Lashlee is now following grad transfers Brandon Pertile (OL - Oklahoma St) and Dominique Booth (WR - Indiana) on Twitter.

The old Edsall was pretty inflexible as to grad transfers and JUCOs. He wanted time to make players his. It appears as if he recognizes that he is starting in a hole and needs to be more flexible to produce results more quickly than he did last time. Good.

I'd be even happier if someone on our staff starts following a grad transfer speed rusher.

Reaction Score
The old Edsall was pretty inflexible as to grad transfers and JUCOs. He wanted time to make players his. It appears as if he recognizes that he is starting in a hole and needs to be more flexible to produce results more quickly than he did last time. Good.

I'd be even happier if someone on our staff starts following a grad transfer speed rusher.
Lol. Grad transfer speed rushers are most likely headed to the draft, but I agree if you could find that guy sign him up!

Reaction Score
Lol. Grad transfer speed rushers are most likely headed to the draft, but I agree if you could find that guy sign him up!

I'd love a Trevardo level speed rusher, but no, we don't get that guy as a grad transfer. But given that we have no speed rushers on the roster, I don't need Trevardo. Give me Marcus CAmpbell, or just someone like that who plays the position for a big time school but isn't going to get enough snaps his 5th year. That guys walks into our defensive rotation on day one because that guy is not even on our roster.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members