2017 Recruiting Thread | Page 32 | The Boneyard

2017 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why can't Uconn do what Michigan does, higher the coach at CA and get the recruits to follow.

Reaction Score
Relax. He's accompanying his friend B. Sebastian who was recently offered at CB. PSU already has S. Clifford at QB and they're not taking another one this cycle.
Try following recruiting threads here year in and year out before you tell me to relax. When stuff like this happens pretty much any hope for a significant recruit goes out the door.

Reaction Score
Try following recruiting threads here year in and year out before you tell me to relax. When stuff like this happens pretty much any hope for a significant recruit goes out the door.

hope implies there was a chance he was going to come here in the first place.....he was not

Reaction Score

Yeah I do follow this thread that's why I commented. I'm not sure how involved Uconn is with his recruitment, but its unlikely Penn State will be an obstacle to landing his signature.

Reaction Score
Brandon Sebastian The BC Commit.

Roger... He has a Michigan offer as well. I think Don Brown ultimately ends up flipping him (especially if T. Black ends up there).

Reaction Score
State Championship@Alex_ballhard_ 8 hours ago · Florida
Very Blessed to Receive My 12th Offer From UCONN #Huskies

Alex Wilcox is a 6-0 285 lb DT from University Christian School in Jacksonville, Florida. 247 profile shows him as a Wofford commit in August. Others offers from Ball State, Buffalo, North Texas, Southern Miss, UTEP, Florida A&M, , Presbyterian, Shaw University, Tusculum and Robert Morris.
Senior Season Highlights

Reaction Score
I'm not that pessimistic. What's happened this past season sucked, Big Time, but I'm still hoping Diaco makes better decisions going fwd and gets us back on track. The UConn college experience is still a real good one. IMO that alone speaks to recruits.
Time will tell over the next 2 plus months on theach level of talent we bring in. Hopefully even better than last year. We've got needs to fill all over on both sides of the ball as well as on the coaching staff. #BleedBlue

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
If were really trying to be a power running team, this guy should be recruiting 2-3, rbs a year. Year 2 he brought none in. Makes no sense but what does. Wonder if we got a chance here

Only other G5 offers are Buffalo and Navy. We should be able to get this kid close to immediately. Noel Sr. already signed off on one of his current players (Fortt) coming here next year, so there shouldn't be problems there either.

Reaction Score
Only other G5 offers are Buffalo and Navy. We should be able to get this kid close to immediately. Noel Sr. already signed off on one of his current players (Fortt) coming here next year, so there shouldn't be problems there either.
Unforeseen circumstances sounds an awful lot like he got a better offer. I suspect RU, SU, OR BC came calling. just a hunch.

Reaction Score
FWIW... I know for a fact he was hurt most of this season. Could be Temple rescinding the offer... Regardless, this kid's bright and still very talented. Could be an opportunity to build more RB depth...

Reaction Score
If were really trying to be a power running team, this guy should be recruiting 2-3, rbs a year. Year 2 he brought none in. Makes no sense but what does. Wonder if we got a chance here
Hopefully that conservative mindset Diaco followed changes... We can't just keep recruiting kids to redshirt a year at positions we clearly need immediate help at. I think that type of mindset at this level of football is a bit delusional. When you're losing on the field like we are, and you are in year 3, now probably going on year 4, you don't have time to rebuild year after year after year after year... enough with the losing already.

Reaction Score
I have a lot of complaints about the recruiting here - lack of quality, lack of speed, lack of focus on OL, bringing in dozens of hybrids (DE/LB/TE/Etc.), but RB is not one of them. He's brought in 4 in his time here, all of whom should return

The local kid has a story behind the story. He got hurt, but ask yourself why he was stripped of his C by NT Sr. That program had lots of issues this year, mostly stars who seemingly decided they were above the team

Reaction Score
I have a lot of complaints about the recruiting here - lack of quality, lack of speed, lack of focus on OL, bringing in dozens of hybrids (DE/LB/TE/Etc.), but RB is not one of them. He's brought in 4 in his time here, all of whom should return

The local kid has a story behind the story. He got hurt, but ask yourself why he was stripped of his C by NT Sr. That program had lots of issues this year, mostly stars who seemingly decided they were above the team
You are in the know too I see... that team barely fielded enough players this past year.. looked a lot like the product we put on the field up in Storrs, in terms of Wins and losses... Here's hoping NT and IP can get some kids to look their way again in the off season.

Reaction Score
JLove ‏@_jlovett7 2h 2 hours ago
Beyond Blessed to receive an offer from Uconn

Johnathan Lovett is a 6-1 194lb RB/SS from Cherokee High School in Marlton NJ. Other offers from Iowa, Maryland, Penn State, BC, Temple, Monmouth, ODU.

Highlights
20.jpg

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Davis from Sheehan has been offered yet? There were rumblings on the GameTime blog that he had been. He's not a real explosive athlete but he knows how to run the football. I feel like he's a guy we're not even going to recruit and then he's going to go tear it up somewhere else.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Davis from Sheehan has been offered yet? There were rumblings on the GameTime blog that he had been. He's not a real explosive athlete but he knows how to run the football. I feel like he's a guy we're not even going to recruit and then he's going to go tear it up somewhere else.

I haven't seen anything credible...

Updated: 2016 Senior RB Highlights - Zach Davis highlights

Reaction Score

He's at minimum a top 3 100m runner in the state. I'm not sure how that wouldn't fall into the explosive category.

Reaction Score
Jon Santucci@JonSantucci34 mins ago
.@VBFootball WR Michael Smith picked up an offer from #UConn today. #Pitt also showing interest.
#TCPrepZone

Michael Smith ‏@cantguardmike11 22m 22 minutes ago
Extremely blessed to receive my 4th offer from UConn

Michael Smith is a 6-3 215lb WR from Vero Beach High School, Vero Beach, Florida. Other offers from UMass, Tennessee-Martin and Florida A&M.

Senior Highlights - Michael Smith highlights

Vero Beach receiver Michael Smith sets area touchdown record
Super 11 Spotlight: Vero Beach WR Michael Smith

Reaction Score
2017 UConn Offer List:
  1. Tarik Black (WR) – Cheshire Academy, Cheshire CT
  2. Aapri Washington (DB) – Southlake Christian Academy, Huntersville NC
  3. Isaiah Wilson (OL) Brooklyn Poly Prep, Brooklyn, NY
  4. C.J. Lewis (DT QB) – Cheshire Academy, Cheshire CT (Tennessee Commit 7/23/16>Decommit 11/22/16)
  5. Markquese Bell (WR/FS) - Bridgeton High School, Bridgeton New Jersey
  6. Lester Axson Jr. (CB/WR) = Foundation Academy, Winter Haven, Florida
  7. Jahmin Muse (Ath/WR/S) - Elizabeth High School, Elizabeth, NJ
  8. Sandro Maxwell (TE/DE) - Berkley Prep High, Tampa Florida
  9. DJ Edwards (WR) - Palm Beach Lakes High School, West Palm Beach Florida
  10. Zamari Maxwell (CB/Athlete) - Pinellas Park High School, Largo Florida
  11. Joshua Maize (DE) - Deerfield High School, Deerfield Illinois
  12. Noah Hamlin (WR/DB) - Clarion High School, Clarion PA
  13. Savon Cooper (LB) - Creekside High School, Fairburn GA
  14. Liam Fornadel (OL) - Don Bosco Prep, Ramsey New Jersey
  15. Stanley Hubbard III (OL) - St. John's College High School, Washington DC.
  16. Ted Field (OL) - The Salisbury School via Glen Mill PA.
  17. Justus Harris (CB) - Roswell High School, Roswell, Georgia
  18. Dawson DeGroot (Safety/WR/Athlete) - Fort Myers High School, Fort Myers Florida
  19. Dallas Hobbs (TE/DE) - Deerfield Academy via Washington High School Cedar Rapids Iowa
  20. Josh Thompson (WR/DB) - Garland High School, Garland Texas (BC Commit 0/12/16>Decommit)
  21. Johnathan Lovett (RB/SS) - Cherokee High School, Marlton New Jersey (Rutgers DeCommit 11/14/16)
  22. Michael Smith (WR) - Vero Beach High School, Vero Beach, Florida.
  23. Jordan McAfee (PS QB) - Everett High School, Everett MA (UConn Commit 4/2/16)
  24. Rob Saulin (DE/TE) - Pennsville Memorial High School, Pennsville New Jersey (UConn Commit 4/16/16)
  25. Abiola Bebe Olaniyan (CB) - Woodberry Forest School, Woodberry Forest VA (UConn Commit 6/14/16)
  26. Ryan Dickens (LB/FB/LS) - Raritan High School, Hazlett New Jersey (UConn Commit 6/15/16)
  27. Ryan Fitton (TE/DE/P) Staples High School, Westport CT (UConn Commit 7/4/16)
  28. Ian Swenson (CB) - Loyola Academy, Wilmette Illinois (UConn Commit 7/22/16)
  29. Brian Keating (C/LS) - Darien High School, Darien CT. (UConn Commit 7/2016 - PWO)
  30. Jake Byczko (TE/OLB) - Lawrence Academy, Groton MA (UConn Commit 7/27/16)
  31. Omar Fortt (DB/WR) - St Luke's School, New Canaan CT (UConn Commit 8/7/16)
  32. Alex Wilcox (DT) - University Christian School, Jacksonville, Florida.(Wofford Commit @ time of offer)
  33. J.T. Cauthen (WR) - Cuthbertson High School, Waxhaw NC (UNC Commit 1/5/16)
  34. Jack Coan (PS QB) - Sayville High School, Sayville New York (Wisconsin Commit 3/24/16)
  35. A.J. Dillon (RB/LB) - Lawrence Academy, Groton MA (Michigan Commit 3/28/17)
  36. Tommy Christ (DE/T) - Dominion High School, Sterling VA (UVA Commit 4/2/16)
  37. Kasim Hill (PS QB) - Gilman High School, Baltimore MD (Maryland Commit 4/9/16)
  38. Brandon Sebastian (Ath) – West Haven HS/Cheshire Academy Cheshire CT (BC Commit 4/9/16
  39. Bo Melton ( WR/ATH) - Cedar Creek High School, Egg Harbor City, New Jersey (Rutgers Commit 4/15/16)
  40. Ben Mason (LB/FB) - Newtown High School, Newtown CT (Michigan Commit 5/7/16)
  41. Sam Vretman (OL) – Rocky Mountain HS Idaho/Cheshire Academy Cheshire CT (Rutgers Commit 5/16/16)
  42. Isaiah McDuffie (LB/RB) - Bennett High School, Buffalo New York (Syracuse Commit 7/20/15>Decommit> BC Commit 5/24/16)
  43. Fabian Kratz (OL) - Naperville Central High School, Naperville, Illinois. (Oregon State Commit 5/31/16)
  44. MJ Jarrell (WR) - Timber Creek High School, Orlando, Florida (Maryland Commit 6/2/16)
  45. Issac Hawn (OL) - St Charles North High School,Elgin Illinois (NIU Commit 6/3/16)
  46. Kenny Pickett (DT QB) - Ocean Twnshp High School, Oakhurst New Jersey (Temple Commit 4/9/16>Decommitt 5/16/16>Pitt Commit 6/4/16)
  47. Alexander Marshall (TE/DE) - Andover High School, Andover MA (FSU Commit 6/4/16)
  48. Darian Street (WR/CB) - Liberty High School, Bethlehem PA (Pitt Commit 6/6/16)
  49. Zachariah Burton (DB/WR) - William Penn High School, New Castle Delaware (UVA Commit 6/12/16)
  50. Ethan Wiederkehr (DE/TE) - Shoreham Wading River High School, Shoreham NY (Northwestern Commit 6/13/16)
  51. Collin Smith (QB/RB/Safety/Athlete) - Ligonier Valley High School, Ligonier, PA (WVA Commit 6/14/16)
  52. Marcus Valdez (DE) - Don Bosco Prep, Ramsey, New Jersey (BC Commit 6/22/16)
  53. Cody Lamb (OL) - Miamisburg High School, Miamisburg Ohio (Cincinnati Commit 6/22/16)
  54. Robert Topps III (CB) - Marist High School, Chicago Ill. (Kansas Commit 6/22/16)
  55. Dakota Davis (OL) - Gleneig High School, Gleneig Maryland (Syracuse Commit 6/24/16)
  56. Andrew Stueber (OL) - Darien High School, Darien CT (Michigan Commit 6/25/16)
  57. Cameron Jordan (WR/DB) - Hills West High School, Dix Hills NY (Syracuse Commit 6/26/16)
  58. Matt Hankins ( CB) - Marcus High School, Flower Mound Texas (Iowa Commit 6/27/16)
  59. Olakunle Fatukasi (OLB) - Grant Street Campus School, Brooklyn, NY (Rutgers Commit 6/28/16)
  60. Rob King (Safety/QB/Athlete) - Father Judge High School, Philadelphia PA. (Temple Commit 7/1/16)
  61. Ifeatu Melifonwu (WR/CB) - Grafton High School, Grafton MA.(Syracuse Commit 7/2/16)
  62. Kameron Jones (LB) - Peachtree Ridge High School, Suwanee, GA (Louisville Commit 7/3/16)
  63. Deon Jones (CB) – Archbishop Carrol High School, Washington DC (Maryland Commit 7/6/16)
  64. D. Major Roman (TE/LB) – New London High School, New London CT (Yale Commit (7/7/16)
  65. C.J. Holmes (RB/CB) – Cheshire Academy, Cheshire CT (Notre Dame Commit 7/8/16)
  66. Darius Corbett (WR/CB) - Tampa Catholic High School, Tampa Florida (Toledo Commit 7/9/16)
  67. Mike Tverdov (DE) - Union High School, Union NJ (Rutgers Commit 7/13/16)
  68. Jeffrey Hubbard (CB) - Woodward Academy, College Park GA (Colorado State Commit 7/18/16)
  69. Russell Thompson-Bishop (WR/QB/SS) - Bloomfield High School, Bloomfield CT (Syracuse Commit 7/21/16)
  70. Jeremiah Stafford (OL) - North Marion High School , Citra, Florida (USF Commit 7/24/16)
  71. Markus Vinson (DB/RB) - Damascus High School, Damascus Maryland (Richmond Commit 7/25/16)
  72. Mason Cholewa (DE/DT) - Montour High School, McKees Rock PA (UCF Commit 7/27/16)
  73. Thabo Mwaniki (Athlete) - Guyer High School, Denton Texas (OK State Commit 7/30/16)
  74. Aaron Hackett (TE) - Venice High School, Venice Florida (Syracuse Commit 7/31/16)
  75. Curtis Harper ( DT/G) - McKeesport High School, McKeesport PA (Syracuse Commit 8/1/16)
  76. Max Fisher (WR) - Gonzaga High School, Washington DC. (NC State Commit 8/2/16)
  77. Grant Donaldson (LB/FB/P) - DeMatha Catholic High School. Annapolis, Maryland (Air Force Commit 8/5/16)
  78. Dan Sichterman (DE/OLB) - Kings High School, Kings Mill, Ohio (Ball State Commit 8/9/16 > Decommit/Iowas State Commit 10/30/16)
  79. Jason Pinnock (CB/WR) - Windsor High School, Windsor CT (BC Commit 8/12/16)
  80. Hunter Long (TE) - Deerfield Academy via Exeter High School, Exeter New Hampshire (BC Commit 8/13/16)
  81. Trevon Grimes (WR) – St. Thomas Aquinas, Ft Lauderdale Florida (OSU Commit 8/22/16)
  82. Diego Fagot (LB) - Calvary Christian Academy, Fort Lauderdale, Florida (Navy Commit 9/11/16)
  83. Erik Mueller (LB/FB) - Wheaton North High School, Wheaton Illinois (Northwestern Commit 9/17/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom