2017 Recruiting Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2017 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
HuskyMedic, I agree 100% with your approach, and sorry to say I have not seen a confirmation anywhere else, but at least there seems to be some mutual interest, which might develop over the summer (the camp?)...

Reaction Score
Not sure where this belongs best, but (is this "Junior Day" essentially?)

UCONN FOOTBALL TO HOST HIGH SCHOOL COACHES CLINIC ON APRIL 9

Clinic will include attending a Husky practice and chalk talk with the coaches.

STORRS, Conn. - The University of Connecticut football team will play host to a “Northeast High School Coaches Appreciation Day” on Saturday, April 9, 2016.

The all-day clinic designed for high school coaches will be held at the Burton Family Football Complex and the Mark R. Shenkman Training Center at 505 Jim Calhoun Way in Storrs.

The clinic will include attending a UConn football spring practice, chalk talk with the Husky coaching staff and presentations by the Husky Sports Performance staff.

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/022516aaa.html

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Yup...
Coach_Hice1:51pm via Twitter for Android
Good looks @Hunter_Verdi@LetmeRockk_ @griffin_burke10@SavageLew_14 @SVretman@203_brandon @travisecke@CjHo1mes

Does anyone know where they all hail from in regards to their hometown and state? With prep schools it's never quite clear on the recruiting sites. Granted it doesn't always mean too much, but I'd hope there'd be at least a little CT state bump to stay home for those born and raised here.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know where they all hail from in regards to their hometown and state? With prep schools it's never quite clear on the recruiting sites. Granted it doesn't always mean too much, but I'd hope there'd be at least a little CT state bump to stay home for those born and raised here.

Black and Holmes are from Hamden CT. CJ Lewis is also from Hamden went to NDWH before ending up @ CA. Sebastian is from West Haven CT. Verdi from Southington CT. Ecke from Cheshire (Dad is former Cheshire HS/Danbury/Capital Prep Coach Mark). Vretman is from Idaho (via Sweden) I believe, and Burke is from Hyannis, MA.

Last edited:

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
No chance of us getting Black, but I'd love to see either CJ Lewis or Holmes come to Storrs

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Pic of all the Cheshire Academy players who visited today, 8 in total.

Super kool the Cheshire crew visited UConn today. Nice to see the avenues of communication are wide open.

Reaction Score
Black and Holmes are from Hamden CT. CJ Lewis is also from Hamden went to NDWH before ending up @ CA. Sebastian is from West Haven CT. Verdi from Southington CT. Ecke from Cheshire (Dad is former Cheshire HS/Danbury/Capital Prep Coach Mark). Vretman is from Idaho (via Sweden) I believe, and Burke is from Hyannis, MA.

Thanks medic, I'd double like your post if I could. You should clearly have more likes than posts for your efforts.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score

Bo Melton. 6'1" 175 lbs ATH from Egg Harbor City, New Jersey. Attends Cedar Creek H.S. Same H.S. Felton Blackwell used to attend. Has offers from Rutgers, Michigan, Ohio State, Syracuse, BC, UCF, Kentucky, among others. Melton's father, Gary, played for Rutgers in the early 90's.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3146243/bo-melton

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
hmmm cant find much on this kid, from what I did find he didnt have any offers out of high school. maybe headed to a JC for a yr? or a PWO?

Seems like he is doing a post-grad year.

Reaction Score
2017 UConn Offer List:
  1. Tarik Black (WR) – Cheshire Academy, Cheshire CT
  2. Deon Jones (CB) – Archbishop Carrol High School, Washington DC
  3. Aapril Washington (DB) – Southlake Christian Academy, Huntersville NC
  4. Isaiah Wilson (OL) Brooklyn Poly Prep, Brooklyn, NY
  5. C.J. Holmes (RB/CB) – Cheshire Academy, Cheshire CT
  6. Alexander Marshall (TE/DE) - Andover High School, Andover MA
  7. A.J. Dillon (RB/LB) - Lawrence Academy, Groton MA
  8. Trevon Grimes (WR) – St. Thomas Aquinas, Ft Lauderdale Florida
  9. D. Major Roman (TE/LB) – New London High School, New London CT
  10. Brandon Sabastian (Ath) – West Haven HS/Cheshire Academy Cheshire CT
  11. Sam Vretman (OL) – Rocky Mountain HS Idaho/Cheshire Academy Cheshire CT
  12. C.J. Lewis (DT QB) – Cheshire Academy, Cheshire CT
  13. Ben Mason (LB/FB) - Newtown High School, Newtown CT
  14. Kameron Jones (LB) - Peachtree Ridge High School, Suwanee, GA
  15. Jeremiah Stafford (OL) - North Marion High School , Citra, Florida
  16. Aaron Hackett (TE) - Venice High School, Venice Florida
  17. Ifeatu Melifonwu (WR/CB) - Grafton High School, Grafton MA.
  18. Kasim Hill (PS QB) - Gilman High School, Baltimore MD
  19. Jack Coan (PS QB) - Sayville High School, Sayville New York
  20. Ethan Wiederkehr (DE/TE) - Shoreham Wading River High School, Shoreham NY
  21. Markquese Bell (WR/FS) - Bridgeton High School, Bridgeton New Jersey
  22. Tommy Christ (DE/T) - Dominion High School, Sterling VA
  23. Collin Smith (QB/RB/Safety/Athlete) - Ligonier Valley High School, Ligonier, PA
  24. Bo Melton ( WR/ATH) - Cedar Creek High School, Egg Harbor City, New Jersey
  25. Isaiah McDuffie (LB/RB) - Bennett High School, Buffalo New York (Syracuse Commit 7/20/15)
  26. J.T. Cauthen (WR) - Cuthbertson High School, Waxhaw NC (UNC Commit 1/5/16)

Reaction Score
No chance of us getting Black, but I'd love to see either CJ Lewis or Holmes come to Storrs

You realize Holmes would be the best recruit uconn has ever landed right ? No chance on either.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
for sure, black is loooooong gone, hes been tweeting about Stanford almost every day since he visited.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You realize Holmes would be the best recruit uconn has ever landed right ? No chance on either.

This is rich coming from a BC fan. Your program is in such horrible shape that your next recruiting class will just be a bunch of fat preppy doofuses that have never picked up a football before.

Reaction Score
IMO, Ben Mason is the guy we can't let leave the state.. yeah, if there's a side of the ball we are able to recruit pretty decent it's defense, but this kid's stud level.. Can't let him leave...

We still need to crack through on offense...We did with Arkeel Newsome and Noel Thomas, but we gotta do a better job keeping top talent home, like on OL... a few years ago the OL from Norwalk ended up at Syracuse and this past reruiting cycle we lost out on Niang to TCU.. Those are just to name a couple.. gotta start keeping those kids home...

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
IMO, as long as Lou Marinelli is coach at New Canaan, UConn will have an uphill battle trying to recruit his players. There was little chance that Niang was going to Storrs.

Reaction Score
One step at a time - keep reeling in top kids from programs like Suffield, G'bury, Southington, Xavier, Windsor, Ansonia, etc. Keep the upward trajectory of the program going. Soon, others will follow. It'll take awhile to reel in biggest names from Fairfield County, but that can turn in time. We'll never capture all of the top in-state kids (no State U. ever could), but I like the way this staff makes the program more of a destination and collecting local kids more a point of emphasis than either PP or RE did.

Reaction Score
One step at a time - keep reeling in top kids from programs like Suffield, G'bury, Southington, Xavier, Windsor, Ansonia, etc. Keep the upward trajectory of the program going. Soon, others will follow. It'll take awhile to reel in biggest names from Fairfield County, but that can turn in time. We'll never capture all of the top in-state kids (no State U. ever could), but I like the way this staff makes the program more of a destination and collecting local kids more a point of emphasis than either PP or RE did.
Really good points...it also says something about Diaco how he uses the PWO program to allow CT kids to earn a scholarship. I highly doubt he will ever change the mind of a guy like Marinelli but you know one thing...if Diaco and the staff identify a kid they want on the team they will recruit him hard, and will be straight forward and honest.

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger