2017 Nike Early Season Tourney | The Boneyard

2017 Nike Early Season Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Got an email this morning from someone who knows someone who does sales for a hotel out in Portland.

This is apparently the new lineup -

teams.jpg

Looks like Xavier has been removed since they would have been the 3rd Big East team, and replaced w/ Portland State. Not a super exciting addition, but it will balance out the two sides.

It will apparently happen over Thanksgiving weekend so start convincing the family now.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
That is a stacked tournament line-up... great to be included. Wow.

Reaction Score
Glad this is still happening and that we are still involved. Great three years in a row for preseason tourneys - B4A this year, Maui next and then the Nike tourney.

Reaction Score
How does this work exactly? How can there be two teams from each of the power conferences?

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
How does this work exactly? How can there be two teams from each of the power conferences?

There will be 2 seperate 8 team tournaments, and one team from each conference will be in each. I guess there are 2 functioning basketball arenas downtown and somehow the games will be split between the two. Maybe opening rounds will be in the 2 different arenas. Then winners play at one while loser brackets play at the other the following day?

If I had to guess we will be in a different bracket than Gonzaga, and then Portland & Portland St will be split accordingly. That seems to make the most sense balance wise.

Still a lot of details to come out for sure.

Reaction Score
I think the way they're setting it up there will essentially be 2 tournaments. 1 team from each conference with 2 representatives on each side of the bracket/tournament, and there will basically be 2 champions. There was an article on it a while back, but I'm late for work so I can't pull it up now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom