2017 NCAA Tournament Bubble Watch | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2017 NCAA Tournament Bubble Watch

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
The ending to this Cal/Utah game has been one of the crazier endings to a game I've ever seen. Cal was up 73-71 and Utah was shooting 2 FT's with 25 seconds left. Utah makes 1 of 2 and needs to foul. Cal player is completely unaware of the situation and takes a pull-up contested jumper in the lane that he makes for an and one to go up by 4.

Utah responds by banging a three pointer on the other end and then fouls Cal and the Cal player makes both to go up 3.

Cal wins by 3 after Utah misses a 3 (don't understand why college coaches don't foul) and now probably needs one more win to get in the tournament.

Reaction Score
Illinois just got blown out by a Michigan team that landed in DC at 1045 this morning after suffering a plane crash attempting to get to DC yesterday. There goes their hopes and dreams.

Georgia is up 4 on Tennessee with 10 minutes to go. Need to win to have any chance.

The more bubble teams that lose the better. If we can't get in I'd like to see Houston get in. Gray and Dotson would be fun to watch in the tournament for a game or 2

I wonder if the committee will take into account Georgia missed yante maten down the stretch and lost 2 games. One of those where they almost beat Kentucky

Drew

Reaction Score
Huge huge huge win for Xavier over Butler at MSG. Probably locks them in the field.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Hoping that advanced metrics get some love this year.

What I've got based on my own formula:

Last 4 Byes:
Middle Tennessee
Rhode Island
Nevada
Michigan St.

Last 4 In:
Clemson
Virginia Tech
Illinois State
Houston

First 4 Out:
Seton Hall
Indiana
USC
TCU

Next 4 Out:
Syracuse
Providence
California
Georgia

However, I have little doubt that the committee will see things differently. Indiana will likely replace Illinois St. and either Cuse or TCU will replace Houston. I also have Kansas St. firmly in, but I think they've got a good chance of getting replaced by a BE team. If USC sneaks in, then the committee is still giving far too much weight to RPI.

Reaction Score
Cuse will be in, book it
Unless we win our little tourney.

Reaction Score
Cuse will be in, book it
Unless we win our little tourney.
Us or UCF. Also need URI to win their tourney, and maybe Alabama to win theirs?

I think they'll find a way to put 'Cuse in anyway. :(

Reaction Score
Actually, if Michigan can win the big, they might bump Cuse.

Reaction Score
I think we're going to see some surprise selections. Just focusing on the AAC, I think UCF or Houston might sneak in, even if we somehow steal a bid.

For instance, Tulsa made it last year with way worse advanced metrics than Houston has, and roughly equivalent metrics to UCF. To be fair, they beat Cincy and SMU, but still, their numbers were mid-60s, and they had a poor RPI.

If UCF beats SMU today, I think there's a higher shot than we think of them getting in, and I wouldn't be utterly surprised to see Houston in there, either.

Drew

Reaction Score
URI is up 5 on VCU in the second half of the A10 championship game on CBS. Trying to leave the committee without a choice

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom