2017 Field Hockey Final Four Journey | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2017 Field Hockey Final Four Journey

Reaction Score
In addition to Charlotte Veitner being named tournament MVP, the following Huskies were named to the all tournament team: Margot van Hecking Colenbrander, Casey Umstead, Karlie Heistand, and Nina Klein. All are seniors except for freshman Margot van Hecking Colenbrander.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Coach Stevens, Nina Klein, and Charlotte Veitner for bring home another trophy to Storrs. How fitting they had to go through the 2 schools that usually kept us from winning a title up until 2013, UNC and Maryland. A fantastic 5 year span.

Reaction Score
So what do Geno Auriemma and Nancy Stevens have in common besides winning national championships at UConn? They both attended West Chester University in Pennsylvania. Former UConn field hockey coach Diane Wright, who won two national championships with the Huskies, also attended West Chester University. How do I know silly things like this? Many years ago some of my family moved to West Chester while I was attending UConn. Over the years I started to notice that both West Chester the town and West Chester University produced a goodly number of people involved in sports, including the the national championship UConn coaching trio mentioned above.

Great Nancy Stevens post game quote that started off about Geno and ended up commenting about their alma mater, West Chester University:

<(on catching Geno) “If I coach to be 100. My grandmother lived to be 100, so it is possible. You know its funny, Geno and I went to school together at West Chester University and he has 11 national championships and my college roommate Cindy Timchal (former Maryland head coach) in lacrosse has eight and I have three. They call Miami of Ohio the cradle of coaches, I am like wait a second West Chester University in women’s athletics that is 22 national championships in women’s athletics from a some school in Pennsylvania. We are really proud of what Cindy and Geno have done.” >

National Championship Quotes

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Awesome victory, and awesome season for the Huskies!!!

In related news, the AP final rankings came out and Duke picked up another three 1st place votes... (I kid, I kid ;))

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom