2017 Commit - Cameron Hairston (Lee's Summit, Missouri) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2017 Commit - Cameron Hairston (Lee's Summit, Missouri)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
South Dakota, San Diego, South Detroit...............................
He's an athlete and HCRE has had real success with guys like this
WELCOME TO UCONN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Funny, I am a high school basketball coach, and we just played Lee's Summit North last weekend. Kid is definitely more of a football player, but impressive frame, and runs the floor very well. Good for him! Congrats!

Funny how they hav epics of him playing hoop not football on Scout.com

Reaction Score
he's not on anyone's radar but I'm fine with it. Scout says he verbal'd here and that's it

Cameron Hairston, Lee's Summit North HS WR - Scout

His Hudl video gets better as it goes on. Not afraid to go across the middle, can run the fade, go over the top, and hit the cross. With some route refinement, speed and agility, and weight room work he can be a nice contributor in a year or two. Might be a nice diamond in the rough.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
His Hudl video gets better as it goes on. Not afraid to go across the middle, can run the fade, go over the top, and hit the cross. With some route refinement, speed and agility, and weight room work he can be a nice contributor in a year or two. Might be a nice diamond in the rough.

I totally noticed the same. The middle and second 1/2 of the senior season tape shows much more than then first few minutes. As the tape rolls on it sinks in, the kid catches everything.

Reaction Score
2nd Team All-State WR in Reporters poll for Class 6 (largest high schools). 1st All-state WR in coaches poll. Has a PR of 11.16 in 100M, and over 22' in the long jump.
I just looked at the NYS track results to get a comparison. He would have been somewhere between 5th and 8th in the 100M and long jump depending on the division. More interesting is that the state record holder at 100M is Tyvon Branch with a time of 10.61.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
i hope he caught everything in a highlight video lol
Yes - I get it...no drops in a highlight video! What I am saying is that he caught some questionable / inaccurate / difficult (over the shoulder/tough angle) passes as you know.

Reaction Score
I think they play in a dome.
20130921_Fargodome_Crowd.jpg

Gate City Bank Field in the FARGODOME. Looks warm to me

Last edited by a moderator:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I just looked at the NYS track results to get a comparison. He would have been somewhere between 5th and 8th in the 100M and long jump depending on the division. More interesting is that the state record holder at 100M is Tyvon Branch with a time of 10.61.

Denham Brown scored 100 points in a high school game.

Reaction Score
Yes - I get it...no drops in a highlight video! What I am saying is that he caught some questionable / inaccurate / difficult (over the shoulder/tough angle) passes as you know.

And he showed great versatility in the patterns he ran. He definitely has a lot of promise. Also one of the articles about him mentioned that he plays multiple sports so once he starts to concentrate on football full-time his stock is just going to go up and up .

Reaction Score
Hairston talked with Lashlee about the type of offense the new staff will be running and there is certainly a fit.

"The staff is planning on running a balanced offense, but leaning more passing," he said.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Welcome aboard Mr. Hairston!

A couple things on this....he is a 6'3" WR who runs a 4.5 40....and no FBS offers? I know that isn't blinding speed..but at 6' 3"...it's pretty good. Also...interesting that they said the offense will be balanced with a pass lean. That is not what we expected with Lashlee. Is this a recruiting pitch to a WR? Or is this an indication of a tweak in Lashlee's approach? Does it indicate that whoever they see as QB will be more of a single threat QB?

Lastly...I love to hear the recruits talk about the culture RE is building. RE knows the secret to getting the most out of his players is to create the right atmosphere. I know every coach says this...but we know RE can do it. It felt like BD had a lot of "different" ideas on how to build a culture and he seemed to know it was important. He was just too scattered and contrived to bring culture and execution together to deliver wins. I think PP didn't get how important culture was to building a college program. He seemed to be able to spot talent..and could manage a game plan...but he couldn't get the culture part right. RE knows how to build a culture and turn that into wins and success.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom