2017 Commit #11 - Ryan Van Demark (Wayne NJ) | The Boneyard

2017 Commit #11 - Ryan Van Demark (Wayne NJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
OL is the one place where you can overlook stars, as it is a position where teenagers often take years to grow in to their bodies and is ripe for finding a kid with a frame, footwork, and the right attitude. So welcome young man and here's hoping folks talk about you a decade from now the way they talk about Zach Hurd.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Can only hope that our OL is headed in the correct direction. We need Cespedes, Nino Leone and/or Cam DeGeorge to step up if we want to solidify things. Crozier and Peart are a good start. Hopefully this guy can add to the mix in the future, although the height is a bit concerning...don't like my linemen too tall.

Reaction Score
Uncle.jpg

upload_2016-12-12_15-15-17.jpeg

Please not this thread too...;)

Reaction Score
Enormous Hun tackle Ryan Van DeMark pledges to UConn, talks commitment Enormous Hun tackle Ryan Van DeMark pledges to UConn, talks commitment

>>He experienced a five-inch growth spurt from his junior to senior high school years. But it would take some time for his coordination to catch up, which made the Hun opportunity an ideal situation. "I grew around probably five inches and I had to grow into my body, so definitely coming to Hun PG was a good thing," he said.<<

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Can only hope that our OL is headed in the correct direction. We need Cespedes, Nino Leone and/or Cam DeGeorge to step up if we want to solidify things. Crozier and Peart are a good start. Hopefully this guy can add to the mix in the future, although the height is a bit concerning...don't like my linemen too tall.

well see what happens with cespedes, assault charges are no joke.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
reminds me alotttttttt of cespedes, a kid with a huge frame still growing into his body. for sure needs work technique wise and foot work is rough but his motor is fantastic, talk about blocking to the whistle... you mix that in with a little fight i saw on the tape and he could blossom into something special for this team.

Reaction Score

he's as tall as Cespedes and shorter than Peart?

Reaction Score
As someone else said stars are less relevant with linemen. Unless they are 5 star guys you are talking about kids who mostly won't play for 2-3 years after they've gained 20-50 pounds. This kid grew what 5 inches in a year? Get him in the weight room and who knows. If we had a good oline coach that would be helpful too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom