2017 AAC Champs | The Boneyard

2017 AAC Champs

How will we fare in the AAC this year?

• We will lose more than one game in the AAC and still win the conference championship

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We will not win the conference championship

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Hard to pick a team that could beat us. USF lost a lot, brings in some intriguing pieces, and I think ECU will be a pretty good team this year. While it will be a rebuilding year for UCONN (so we're told ;)), I have a had time picturing any team beating us in the AAC. Now if we were in the Big 12 or Big 10 or ACC or SEC - maybe...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The one thing that will continue to make UConn hard to beat is their defense. No matter who comes, or who goes, a stalwart defense will always be Geno's cornerstone. Instead of beating AAC opponents by an average of 47 points, now we'll beat them by an average of 20-23 points. As Ericsandiego pointed out, USF has been our only real competition in the AAC. They lost their two best playersto graduation: (Courtney Williams - Phoenix Mercury) and Alisia Jenkins drafted into the WNBA, but was cut). I expect USF to remain competitive, but they're still not ready to challenge UConn for occupancy on the conference throne. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS
Top Bottom