2017 6'4 Jade Williams | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2017 6'4 Jade Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It was also said that the famous Churchill signal of victory was completely accidental - he was smoking one of his normal large cigars, and the photographs were either snapped a moment after he had accidentally dropped it so the first two fingers still formed the 'V' he used to hold it, or it was the first recorded action of the anti-smoking campaign and the cigar that was in the 'V' was airbrushed out! :rolleyes:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Friday's home visit:

CPO8QnuUsAAye-v.jpg

Reaction Score
Picture looks great; would love to see this young lady verbal to UCONN!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Friday's home visit:

CPO8QnuUsAAye-v.jpg

Clearly, the UConn "A" team was on duty.

I wonder how they launched their pitch to Jade and her folks:
Campus scenes and discussion of academic virtue at UConn; or,
Video of most recent WH visit; or,
Video of UConn bb history - highlights since 1995; or,
Pics of NC banners and Hall of Honor jerseys in Gampel; or,
Video of Champions Center; or,
video of higlights of last 3 NC victories; or,
Presentation of samples from the dairy bar; or,
Video of scalpers outside the XL Center (don't laugh! That impressed the Ekmarks); or,
Power point recital of achievement over past 20 years; or,
CD reciting her Code of Conduct (including the standard "No PT is promised - it must be earned!")..
[Did I miss any possibilities?]​

Of course, there must be a presentation of a signed copy of Geno's book, phone number at ESPN. and the terse statement that "UConn's not for everyone!"

HGN

Reaction Score
UConn sent in the two(2) BIG guns to talk to Jade . Which is a good sign that the Huskies are very interested in this 2017 elite. I trust the visit went well since smiles all around.

Reaction Score
DaddyChoc said:"those 2 fingers she's holding up... sort of like the same thing Diggins was doing a while ago. Is that a "sign" of some kind?"

Some of us know exactly what it means.

salute.jpg

Yes, Skylar Diggins' two-finger gesture was definitely a 'sign.' As Notre Dame's leader, Diggins was proudly proclaiming, "WE'RE NUMBER TWO! WE'RE NUMBER TWO!"

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn also in on top 2018 guard Christyn Williams.

Gabby, Jade, Christyn, Ladahzia....just sneak Tamika back onto the squad and you've got an all Williams lineup.

This is getting to be like those light bulbs that last for 20 years: don't want to get one that will live longer than you. We haven't even tipped off the current season, and the coaches are looking at 2018? Wonder if Geno someday says, "Hey, I won't be around for that kid. You decide." Will Lou be on nc #4?

Reaction Score
The English and the French have always been fighting each other. Back in the time of crossbows, they figured out that, rather than take prisoners, it was easier to just cut off the first two fingers. Then the "prisoner" couldn't shoot his crossbow. This is the origin of the sign in Meyers' picture: "I can still kill you."

The crossbows are gone, but the sign has lived on and spread way beyond England and France. The original sentiment is pretty much still shared between the English & French. This is also how the Brazilians took it when Nixon walked out of Air Force One on the runway in Rio de Janeiro flashing two "Victory" signs.

Actually, the cutting off of the index finger was the origin of the middle finger. Those who were not captured and still able to shoot their bows held up the middle finger to demonstrate their threat to their enemies. Of course, I'm thinking of the conventional bow, but I'm guessing that all five fingers were necessary to fire with accuracy in any event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom