2017 6'4 Jade Williams | The Boneyard

2017 6'4 Jade Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Will Geno show up with some Taurasi wine? Or Geno Auriemma wine?

HGN

Reaction Score
Looks like mom is going to be preparing a lot of meals and snacks during the month. All the BIG boys are coming in.... Except USC (East).

UConn has got to get a "Williams" in the 2017 Class. Ladahazia or Jade. One or both. Both are good. Both got Huskies written all over them. The Huskies do good with Williamses. Gabby being the latest.
Come on Williams and come to Storrs.

LETS GO HUSKIES!!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
UConn also in on top 2018 guard Christyn Williams.

Gabby, Jade, Christyn, Ladahzia....just sneak Tamika back onto the squad and you've got an all Williams lineup.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
lot of ND letters stuck on that wall

My wife is always reminding me that sometimes......."less is more". How many ways can you tell someone that you want them?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
As a home visit with UCONN on September 18th.

Coaches out and about.....

http://www.wiseeyesports.com/elite-2017-forward-jade-williams-sept-home-visit-schedule/

The luck of the draw suggests that UConn will land at least 2 5 star "bigs" during the next three years. We've stockpiled enough guards for the next few years. IMHO I think we should concentrate on securing a couple of blue chip, high quality bigs during the next three classes.

Given the recent overall success of Geno's program, there have got to be some quality bigs coming out in the next 1-3 years that want to join in, and become part of legacy. Somehow the staff always manages to come through. I have no doubt they will continue to do so. Everyday I log on to the yard, I expect to read that a blue chip big has committed to UConn. :)

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
lot of ND letters stuck on that wall
Yeah - if that is the first week (as the caption suggests) then she average two letters a day from ND - don't know about her family, but that sure has the smack of desperation about it to me.

Reaction Score
Yeah - if that is the first week (as the caption suggests) then she average two letters a day from ND - don't know about her family, but that sure has the smack of desperation about it to me.
14 letters in a week is pretty annoying

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
to you... but to her and her family it could mean LOTS OF INTEREST

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
and those 2 fingers she's holding up... sort of like the same thing Diggins was doing a while ago. Is that a "sign" of some kind?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
and those 2 fingers she's holding up... sort of like the same thing Diggins was doing a while ago. Is that a "sign" of some kind?

Don't think so. Think it's just a variation on the peace sign.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Don't think so. Think it's just a variation on the peace sign.
Oh... thought they may have been representing something else :rolleyes:
No I am pretty sure it is a terrorist recognition signal!!! Like those fist bumps from a few years ago!
:eek::confused::rolleyes::):cool:

Some of us know exactly what it means.

salute.jpg

Reaction Score

salute.jpg
The English and the French have always been fighting each other. Back in the time of crossbows, they figured out that, rather than take prisoners, it was easier to just cut off the first two fingers. Then the "prisoner" couldn't shoot his crossbow. This is the origin of the sign in Meyers' picture: "I can still kill you."

The crossbows are gone, but the sign has lived on and spread way beyond England and France. The original sentiment is pretty much still shared between the English & French. This is also how the Brazilians took it when Nixon walked out of Air Force One on the runway in Rio de Janeiro flashing two "Victory" signs.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
j66 - minor correction - longbow, not crossbow - the cross bow has a fixed 't' and a trigger, and can be armed in a number of ways including a crank. I believe the crossbow projectile is more typically called a 'bolt' - much shorter than an arrow for a longbow. The longbow requires two fingers to draw properly - typically the ones used to indicate victory, displeasure (and as I said above a secret terrorist society that no one has ever heard of.)

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

salute.jpg

Oh, I am aware of the symbol's more vulgar meaning. Somehow. I don't think that's what Jade was going for with her selfie, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom