2017-2020 Women's Final Four sites announced | The Boneyard

2017-2020 Women's Final Four sites announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
TBA to be announced at halftime of KY-Baylor

Nashville surprisingly is OUT according to twitter. Other 6 finalists Houston, Dallas, Pittsburgh, Columbus, Tampa, New Orleans.

2017- Dallas
2018- Columbus
2019- Tampa
2020- New Orleans

I have NO idea what the committee continues to reward it to New Orleans and Tampa. New Orleans had tons of empty sections last time. And Tampa is not hotbed for women's hoops. Absurd.

They are going back to Indianapolis next year and they couldn't even sell it out with home state ND in 2011.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
TBA to be announced at halftime of KY-Baylor

Nashville surprisingly is OUT according to twitter. Other 6 finalists Houston, Dallas, Pittsburgh, Columbus, Tampa, New Orleans.

2017- Dallas
2018- Columbus
2019- Tampa
2020- New Orleans

I have NO idea what the committee continues to reward it to New Orleans and Tampa. New Orleans h s of empty sections last time. And Tampa is not hotbed for women's hoops. Absurd.
When does Hartford get consideration?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'd go to Dallas and back to New Orleans. Columbus and Tampa not so much...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not sure why Nashville wasnt selected......... I wish Charlotte would bid again.... its would be a great host city.

When does Hartford get consideration?

serious.jpg

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
YESSSS DALLAS!!!!!

Too bad it's the year after Mo graduates :(

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Then how about NYC or Boston?

NYC is so expensive. Cant imagine NYC being interested in hosting a women's FF either.

I hope they never select Boston to host again :oops: :(

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
Nashville bid for the 2019 Final Four, and the big hindrance was, according to the NCAA, that we couldn't guarantee enough hotel rooms at a rate they were looking for, even though there are currently four new hotels being built downtown.

I don't buy it, but that's what is being said.

Reaction Score
Nashville was outstanding this year. That's a place that should be part of a rotation of citites including San Antonio. Something is going on behind the scenes that makes no sense if these cities aren't making the grade. The women's basketball crowd in my opinion is not a NYC or Boston type crowd.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
Based on the Mercury's popularity, I'm surprised Phoenix has never bid for the Final Four. I think they would put on a great show. Same with Denver. It needs to go to new cities, and give New Orleans, Tampa, and Indy a rest.

I agree regarding Nashville. We really put in a lot of work for that. I've heard nothing but great things from people that came to town.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
NYC- dunno, Nashville and Tampa aren't/weren't INexpensive... I'd go back to Nashville in a heartbeat.

Tampa... meh. Other Fla areas I'd like to try... Denver was lovely -- except for the snow. ;-)

For Phx you'd have to get the college teams on board... and they've fallen off these last few years.

I know they resist the west coast because of the time difference... but.... but...

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
When was the last FF on the Left Coast?

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
agree need more geographic diversity (Dallas the westernmost of the upcoming 4 listed above), though given the attendance in KY for WBB one could understand having it in the SE. Denver was great despite need to pack shorts and a winter coat. Ran the 5k in 80 degree weather, then snow!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I have NO idea what the committee continues to reward it to New Orleans and Tampa.
Really?? No idea??
Tampa - warm weather, beaches, sunshine, ranked as the 5th best "Outside City" by Forbes
New Orleans - cuisine, Bourbon St., French Quarter, they know how to throw a party, it's freaking New Orleans.

Reaction Score
NYC- dunno, Nashville and Tampa aren't/weren't INexpensive... I'd go back to Nashville in a heartbeat.

Tampa... meh. Other Fla areas I'd like to try... Denver was lovely -- except for the snow. ;-)

For Phx you'd have to get the college teams on board... and they've fallen off these last few years.

I know they resist the west coast because of the time difference... but.... but...

Nashville is certainly not cheap, and neither is New Orleans, for that matter. I'd go back to both cities in a heartbeat as well, as I love listening to the live music offerings in both cities. However, my wife isn't too crazy about New Orleans, as it is way too dirty, smelly, and rundown for her. However, she loved Nashville, saying it was a much cleaner version of New Orleans. I'd love to see it go back to San Antonio as well, but the Alamodome is now considered to large an arena to host the games.

The problem with Tampa is that there is no real center city district surrounding the arena, like most of the cities that host the women's final four (Indianapolis is a prime example). Tampa is way too spread out, and that is a problem if you don't rent a car. We always rent a car so that didn't bother us too badly, but I heard lot's of complaints about that the last time the women's final four was in Tampa.

Having the women's tourney in a real big city such as New York is a mistake because such places just dwarf the event. I thought that was a big problem when the tourney was in Atlanta.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
YES!!! ANOTHER FINAL 4 IN TEXAS!

Just think about the men's championships in 2004, 2011, and 2014, as well as the women's championships in 2002, and 2010.

Let's head to the Lone Star State!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul