2016 UConn Trio: Alterique Gilbert, Mamadou Diarra & Juwan Durham | The Boneyard

2016 UConn Trio: Alterique Gilbert, Mamadou Diarra & Juwan Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I love how Diarra just dunks everything on these guys all day. Pretty just lob him the ball and he's dunking in someone's face.

Reaction Score
I really like how diarra dunks with no step. Just straight up and dunks. He doesn't need a run at the rim at all. This sounds very trivial, but i always look for this ability in bigs trying to make it to the nba level. I really think diarra is the hidden gem.

Reaction Score
I really like how diarra dunks with no step. Just straight up and dunks. He doesn't need a run at the rim at all. This sounds very trivial, but i always look for this ability in bigs trying to make it to the nba level. I really think diarra is the hidden gem.
We are positioned for a long, long, run of great hoops. Lets Go Huskies !

Reaction Score
Need to see Vance and Terry as stated above. But what I like even more about these 3 is you never saw in any of those highlights any of them staring down their opponents or celebrating any of their plays - they just play basketball. Hard to find these days but it seems our staff does.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Vance and Terry both show some pretty good passing ability in the videos. It will be exciting to see our current "point forwards" set a high benchmark for effective playmaking from the wings that can carry on. Yikes, Larrier's 3 point shooting was kind of concerning the way he was chucking them up there while on VCU. He looked fantastic when taking the ball to the goal and I hope he builds his game more inside out than the reverse. He looks like he has great speed and quickness and a pretty strong handle for his size.

Hard to tell about Vance's speed and quickness, but he should have the green light to put em up from 3 whenever open. What a nice touch on his shot!

Diarra can get up and get after the ball. I don't think I've seen him make a shot that wasn't a dunk on the highlights, so I would expect him to be a garbage man on offense. Is the rest of his game really raw or does he show promise shooting, passing, handling? I hope he can and will be a great defender. The kid is explosive dunking.

Reaction Score
Need to see Vance and Terry as stated above. But what I like even more about these 3 is you never saw in any of those highlights any of them staring down their opponents or celebrating any of their plays - they just play basketball. Hard to find these days but it seems our staff does.
UConn simply tends to attract a certain kind of mindset.

JC and KO are to thank for that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky