2016 roster and beyond | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2016 roster and beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Assuming Azurá Stevens starts - and let me tell you, she is a phenomenal player (and that was before sitting out the redshirt year and learning under Geno and his staff) - UConn could look like this:

PG/SG: Kia Nurse
G/F: Katie Lou Samuelson
F: Gabby Williams
F: Napheesa Collier
F/C: Azurá Stevens

Alternatively, the starting lineup could look like this:

PG: Cyrstal Dangerfield
PG/SG: Kia Nurse
G/F: Katie Lou Samuelson
F: Napheesa Collier
F/C: Azurá Stevens

Point is, it is highly likely that Azurá will start, which means either Dangerfield or Williams will come off the bench (I doubt it will be Nurse, as she has started 82 of 85 career games as of December 21, 2017).

This means, the bench will look like this:

PG: Cyrstal Dangerfield
F: Batouly Camara
W: Megan Walker
Butler, Bent, Irwin, plus three Top 25/35 guards/wings

Alternatively, the bench could look like this:

F: Gabby Williams
F: Batouly Camara
W: Megan Walker
Butler, Bent, Irwin, plus three Top 25/35 guards/wings

Either way, UConn will have:
1) The #1 ranked incoming player (Walker);
2) An uber-athletic consensus Top 10/15 recruit as a senior (Williams) or a consensus Top 5 recruit and #1 ranked PG in her class (Dangerfield); and
3) A sophomore transfer ranked as high as #30 in recruiting who averaged 5.1 ppg and 4.3 rpg in 18 minutes per game while starting 14 games for a Sweet 16 team (Camara)

...coming off the bench. UConn's bench would be a dream starting lineup for just about every other school in the country.

I am officially scared.
And Coombs' ranking was probably understated because of her injury. She is very, very athletic and probably a true top-10. Sort of a cross between Renee and Tiffany.

Not a likely scenario, but theoretically possible: Megan never plays in the first half, but still leads the team in scoring. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog
Top Bottom